Water Rationing Fairness

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cvrx4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
cvrx4 here is a link to a post started a week ago in the hunting/fishing section about Canton Lake. Canton Lake May Have A Fish Kill

Hopefully the water rationing isn't too little and too late. Oklahoma is in dire needs of some good hurricane style rains. If we don't get those this spring, several towns and cities are going to be without much needed drinking water.

Yep saw that. I hope its not, but I tend to agree it might be too little too late I am praying for a wet spring. I got a little tinny yet I am afraid that there will be no water left to put it in.

OKCIS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you get your yard sprayed and they have already been by your house then you need to water it even in the winter. Pre-emergents dont work if they dont get down in the soil. You only have a few days to get it down in also. One of the main reasons for watering in the winter. In a "Normal" winter we will get enough snow, ice and rain to keep bermuda in good shape for the next year.

On that note its amazing to me how many yards have already been treated. Seems like it starts earlier every year.

sixseven

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's funny how people on this site get so bent out of shape over things that don't interest them. Obviously some people don't have any interest in the boathouse district, so it's getting slammed for happening. I mean, how dare they use our natural resources for something that will increase tourism, jobs, and income for the city???

Of course the thread right above this one is about begging Remington to move here by selling them land for pennies on the dollar. How much water do you think that place will use? And I can guarantee it will deal out a hell of a lot more polution than the boat district.

Just an observation...feel free to crucify me now.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last week I think, only after Canton Lake Association raised 9 kinds of hell about OKC Water Authority wanting to drain Canton for approximately a months worth of water at previous OKC consumption rates.

It shouldn't have taken that long. Damned dullards ... They should have been rationing all last year after the lack of rain from the year before ...

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The really sad part is that people today even have to be told to ration water.

No kidding. I stopped watering my grass year before last. Only thing that gets watered around here are the chickens, the rabbits and the garden. Anything ornamental is on it's own.

And yet we saw an "even numbered" neighbor watering his lawn at the first of the week. :scratch:

Latest posts

Top Bottom