Weatherford Frac Video.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Awesome video! For some reason, parts of it reminded me of when I was in the Guard down in Louisiana, and of the many hurricanes we responded to in 13 years. Thanks for posting!

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was on a job recently and we had 28 pumps with a max rate of 240BPM. When all of those pumps throttled up at the same time it was amazing.

Wow where are you guys running that kind of rate at? 28 pumps would suck to rig in, thats a lot of iron. The most we rig in is 16 but we are normally treating around 90-100bpm.

larkinmusic

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow where are you guys running that kind of rate at? 28 pumps would suck to rig in, thats a lot of iron. The most we rig in is 16 but we are normally treating around 90-100bpm.

That was up around Tonkawa. You're telling me it sucked to rig up. 28 pumps and 4 blenders. We had to rig down with seven guys after being on duty for 20 hours. Turned into a 37 hour day.

The coolest thing about that job was opening the well and it was on a vacuum. With no pumps in gear or boost from the blender, we were getting 100BPM!

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
6 figures easy. Some can't hack it, and don't last 3 months. Others stay in it as long as they want and move up the ladder or move to other oilfield jobs.

Six figures, but at what cost in lost family time and other non-monetary important things?

Def a young, single man's gig.

Latest posts

Top Bottom