Welding a pinned flashider?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okcwizzard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking for someone that can weld my pinned flashider. I'm having no luck finding anyone to do it out here in Weatherford, and will be in South Okc/Moore area Wednesday afternoon.. Everything is already done (drilled, pinned) just need someone who can take the 5 minutes to weld it.. No after clean up needed as I'll take care of that as well.. I just want to be able to put the upper/lower back together.. [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Cavedweller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fat Boy Tactical in Tulsa offers that service if you get that way, otherwise check with Steve at his shop in the Wilshire Range. He may do it. I sent mine off to Adco, this was before FBT starting doing it.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You only have to weld the pin. Unless rules changed
That makes it so you can't remove it and is legal.
Mig welder ZZZTTTT done.

okcwizzard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You only have to weld the pin. Unless rules changed
That makes it so you can't remove it and is legal.
Mig welder ZZZTTTT done.
Exactly !!!
And I've already installed the flashider, drilled and pressed in the pin. All it needs is to weld over the pin. L0L. .

But I've been told everything from
" we don't have the proper FFL type to modify or work on NFA items" to "
it's illegal to be in possession of any barrel shorter than 16 inches"
and my favorite "
it will need to be sent off @$175.00 plus shipping fees, plus I would have to buy my flashider from them as they can't install the same exact brand I already have @ $80.00 for a $30.00 flashider,
oh and expect 8 weeks turn around time..
But I've gotten some good solid leads from the people here so hopefully I'll be able to finish this and put this upper on a rifle lower instead of the pistol lower soon..

okcwizzard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well.. I just have to say once again. . OSA rocks.. Prophet was not only able to weld the flashider, he did it on the spot.. (pun intended ) awesome guy.. thanks for all the help.. very much appreciated..

Latest posts

Top Bottom