Well it is totaled.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Funny thing about that Nissan is it's kinda fast. I only got on it once and it surprised me. Had a guy in a Chevy 3500 not wanting to let me over and he stomped on the gas. Without running it hard I easily merged safely and never saw the guy again. I think it's rated at 240hp but it has great torque. It's the same engine they put in the 350z. And it's rear wheel drive. So you won't go anywhere in ice or snow. Would be a great sleeper turbo car because they make kits for the exact engine.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don’t know what a Gibbs slap is, but let us know how that works out.😵‍💫
1710191215392.gif

Gibbs is the character played by Mark Harmon

918evo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's tax time and that pathfinder is an easy 4k dollar car. The engine and transmission will last 200k+ miles. My experience working on them- they leak a little oil and burn a lot, the tensioner pulleys fail every now and then and the front wheel bearings need to be adjusted from time to time. Engines are solid as long as you check the oil. It won't get the mileage of the Rav4, but it will be reliable.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No I have to make my own I am sure. If it had a front bench seat I would like for a seat cover like I had in a pickup years ago. It had a rifle scabbard on the front of the seat and some pockets for stuff on that to hide it. Great for an M-1 carbine and some 15 rd mags.
I remember those seat covers.
They were pretty handy.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's tax time and that pathfinder is an easy 4k dollar car. The engine and transmission will last 200k+ miles. My experience working on them- they leak a little oil and burn a lot, the tensioner pulleys fail every now and then and the front wheel bearings need to be adjusted from time to time. Engines are solid as long as you check the oil. It won't get the mileage of the Rav4, but it will be reliable.
Sounds like you know your pathfinders. Yes it's the R50 platform and is really popular among some people. I only buy cars with lots of aftermarket support and information on forums. I could get more out of it with a little work I'm sure but just wanted to make sure it's a deal and give Rick some room to fix some of the little things if he wants. 1500 bucks doesn't go very far at a mechanic shop these days. Also forces me to get motivated fixing up my other trucks. And save a little in insurance since I've been carrying full coverage on it.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Haha. Why is that? I suppose it could be dangerous. If you are the kind of person with a lead foot you can easily get sideways in a turn. Not sure if it's a limited slip rear diff but it's as loaded as you could get back then. It feels like it might be.
I have driven many different vehicles in snow and ice and mud from Oklahoma to Washington state and most were Rear wheel drive. Many were cars that are light in the rear.
You just need the right tires.
Or the correct things on your tires when it gets posted that you have to put them on.
:)

I have seen lots of vehicles of all kinds in ditches and I kept out of them.
Went to Angel Fire NM and they shut down I40 the day we got there.
Probably 30 cars off in the ditches.
Keep great snow tires around for those situations.
I had people asking me how I got there in a rear wheel drive.

It will be fine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom