Well, lets see em!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
great story sticky. two nice bucks and getting your nephew back in the woods. its tough for kids these days,there are sure worse things they can be doing!
oh,and don't worry about the long story, i enjoy the details.

jmiller45

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Awesome bucks Sticky and GOOD for you on posting pics in the forum. A lot of people have been a member a long time and still can't figure it out!!!

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My son killed this one just outside of Broken Bow this evening:

[Broken External Image]

It was a tall rack, but only 5 points. I believe it is an older deer, past prime. Probably would have been a nice trophy rack a couple of years ago.

Anyway, three generations of us have gotten deer this year: my granddaughter, my son, and myself.
My son never cared much for hunting growing up, but he started getting buck fever a couple of years ago. He killed a little basket rack 8 point last year, and now this one.

BTW, he will always carry a little reminder of this deer on his forehead. Scope cut. No stitches required but it'll leave a small scar.

Savage Axis rifle, .243, 100 grain Winchester factory loads.

cvrx4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My son killed this one just outside of Broken Bow this evening:

[Broken External Image]

It was a tall rack, but only 5 points. I believe it is an older deer, past prime. Probably would have been a nice trophy rack a couple of years ago.

Anyway, three generations of us have gotten deer this year: my granddaughter, my son, and myself.
My son never cared much for hunting growing up, but he started getting buck fever a couple of years ago. He killed a little basket rack 8 point last year, and now this one.

BTW, he will always carry a little reminder of this deer on his forehead. Scope cut. No stitches required but it'll leave a small scar.
Savage Axis rifle, .243, 100 grain Winchester factory loads.

LoL
A lot of us have those that care to admit. I got mine when I was 15. I was in a stand that was about 25 feet up. A deer appears to my extreme left and I cant turn to shoot. It was a very cold morning and I had a heavy coat on. I didn't get my gun in my shoulder just on my arm and boom. Luckily my sling was wrapped around my other arm. My dad comes over 5 min later. Looks up in the tree and says "Scope bit ya huh" Blood was running all down my face and all over my jacket no stitches but got the scar and missed the deer.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great story and pics Sticky and welcome aboard! Nice pic of your son too Pulp. Can't believe he got a scope cut from a .243. I didn't think they kicked that hard. It will be a good memory though...LOL.

Latest posts

Top Bottom