Well that was fun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is great WHEN the kid WANTS to play, not just being pushed a parent.

My niece was b-baller, good enough for free ride. Her daughter is 8 and Mom has pushed her. She had little to no desire to be on court. Last game, about halfway through, something clicked and a fire was lit. Now, she doesn't want to do anything else. Hope she stays interested and doesn't burn out.

Let them be kids and have fun.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After several years as a little league coach, I can honestly say that they should remove all the bleachers from the ballparks and sell the games on pay-perview. Only the players and coaches need be there. All that gotdamned screaming and yelling from the parents. The poor kids don't know who to listen to. One season, I actually heard a father yell at his son, "don't listen to him (the coach) you listen to me!"

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After several years as a little league coach, I can honestly say that they should remove all the bleachers from the ballparks and sell the games on pay-perview. Only the players and coaches need be there. All that gotdamned screaming and yelling from the parents. The poor kids don't know who to listen to. One season, I actually heard a father yell at his son, "don't listen to him (the coach) you listen to me!"

I coached Little League for 18 years. One year, we were drafting kids, I pick this kid, I had marked as good, at tryouts. Wondering why he was still available. 3 coaches start laughing. I ask what the deal was? They say, "he is a good kid, his Mother needs to be in an asylum."

First day of practice, I tell another Mom (we were good friends) "I'm going to flame you, go with it, I'll explain later." I send her son to 3rd base. I hit a hard grounder and it rolls between his legs. She jumps up and starts yelling at him.

I throw my bat against the back stop. She glares at me. I point at her, " sit your fat ass down and shut up. On this field, they listen to me and only me. Open your mouth and be permanently banned."

I never had a problem with any parent.

After practice, Sharon sat in the parking lot, until everyone was gone. She walks up and says, "this better be good, you came close to getting stomped."

I explained and she laughed. "I couldn't believe you picked that byotch. After you told me to shut up, she walked up. We talked a little, told her you were the best coach Aaron had ever had, but you had banned several parents from the field and cops would charge them trespass if they showed up."

2 happiest days of my year, 1st day of season and last day of season.

Latest posts

Top Bottom