Well the bronco couldnt stand up to the lease roads so...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Having owned old and new 4wds, anyone who thinks the older stuff is as capable as the newer stuff is delusional.

Well, yes and no.

From the factory, the newer stuff is usually better (due to traction controls, differential lockers or limited slips, skid plates, etc). I agree a new F-150 would outperform an old F100. Not to mention that on road, modern IFS is exponentially better than a solid front axle.

But a good number of people with older 4x4s (Jeeps, Toyotas, Broncos, other domestic pickups) aren't driving them around as they left they factory. They have upgraded the 4x4 drive train considerably.

Back to the OP - Nice Truck.

zseese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK' I'll bite.

What that heck does your Bronco look like that the F-150 is more capable than it?

It is an early Bronco with uncut fenders and pizza cutter tires?

(like this: http://everstorm.neutralreality.net/broncos/bronco.html

or this

http://www.acontinuouslean.com/2009/08/18/classic-ride-1976-ford-bronco-ranger/

:heart: )

The Bronco was perfectly capable, the lease roads I am constantly driving on were just beating her to crap. Started with a immaculate, problem free(thanks to a visit to 4play) stock 95 bronco, by the end of 2 months on this rig it had front end problems, electrical problems and rattled worse than I thought any vehicle could, mainly because of the stiffness of the suspension. The new truck is just set up to handle my driving needs better, thats all, the bronco will be replaced after I pay off the truck, they are still my personal favorite vehicle ever...

zseese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know, I really, really like the Fords, especially since the competition has been bailed out, but in all honesty, I do have to say one thing about the color:

S * M * U * R * F!!!!

:sorry1: (Couldn't resist....)

NOOO, its BLUE FLAME METALLIC!!! Smurf isnt even a real color!:explode:

J/k, guess I shoulda expected some crap when I posted, smurf or not, I personally love the color, it makes the truck for me(now its not the same as every other more commonly colored F150 out there)

Latest posts

Top Bottom