Well the bronco couldnt stand up to the lease roads so...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Having owned old and new 4wds, anyone who thinks the older stuff is as capable as the newer stuff is delusional.

Hell, I learned on OSA last winter that FWD sedans are as capable as 4WD vehicles. You can take them up unplowed dirt roads in 12 inches of wet snow no problem like.:D

I'd have to go with the "yes and no" answer too. An old SFA Toy would ceratinly give my IFS Tacoma a run for it's money.

liliysdad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dont think it would. The new Yota has a selectable rear locker, larger tires, better gearing, and more horsepower. Stock to stock, newer is better.

The same debate rages with the muscle car fans. The same is true. A stock grocery getter sedan will outrun most musclecars, stock to stock.

SoonerBorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hell, I learned on OSA last winter that FWD sedans are as capable as 4WD vehicles. You can take them up unplowed dirt roads in 12 inches of wet snow no problem like.:D

I'd have to go with the "yes and no" answer too. An old SFA Toy would ceratinly give my IFS Tacoma a run for it's money.

+1000 I'll take a stock '82-'87 FJ60 in decent shape over just about anything on the planet, torn driver seat and all....

Bruno2

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You know, I really, really like the Fords, especially since the competition has been bailed out, but in all honesty, I do have to say one thing about the color:

S * M * U * R * F!!!!

:sorry1: (Couldn't resist....)

They have the best truck on the American market. I think the imports are building better trucks than anybody right now. I have a business which requires me to have 4x4 3/4-1 tons . I have owned them all and the best performance has come from my Fords. They all break down some more than others. However , the F250's I have out work the Dodges and Chevy's. The Chevy's seem to be at the bottom of the food chain and they will have a major repair more often than the others.

Latest posts

Top Bottom