West Norman shooting yesterday; shooter was CLEET instructor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you find it necessary to road rage me and approach my vehicle, guess what I am doing? Driving away. Getting off the X. No amount of testosterone is worth purposefully placing oneself in a situation where they may have to use deadly force. Just drive away.

Quoted for truth

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you find it necessary to road rage me and approach my vehicle, guess what I am doing? Driving away. Getting off the X. No amount of testosterone is worth purposefully placing oneself in a situation where they may have to use deadly force. Just drive away.
Until next time when it happens to your wife or daughter....

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When did the malice aforethought change? I seem to remember Glenn Jenlink beating into my head the elements to murder and that was one of them.
Malice aforethought is the most direct route to murder 1 (it's the first item in the statute), but there are several paths that will also get you there. Hiring a hitman will do it, as will murders involving distribution of a controlled substance, or killing LEOs.

RockHopper

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Driving away from trouble seems to be the best option in most cases, but isn't always an option. I've had a road rager chase me before. I eventually got blocked by pedestrians, and I couldn't get away until I'd dealt with him temporarily. No gun with me at the time, or he would've been shot for sure. As it was....an open driver's door on a 92' Buick Le sabre is NOT something you wanna **** with, even with just a bump of the gas peddle. That tweaker went flying in front of 20-30 people, and nobody batted an eyelash at what I had done. It was obvious to everyone present that he was out of his gourd.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess we don't really know who "the good guy" is -- this is way early to be making this sort of claim

There wasn't a good guy here, this was two guys with road rage who weren't smart enough to let it go. Now one is dead and one is going to the Stony Lonesome to die cause he's 62 and and most sentences at that age are life sentences .

Every "self defense shooting" isn't necessarily self defense , while you are not obligated to retreat here in Oklahoma you should never rule it out if it makes sense to do so . I would much rather avoid having to give someone a coolant leak than place myself in a situation where I end up giving them coolant leak when it was avoidable .

Last edited:

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unless the victim physically put hands on the shooter, there’s no way to paint the ex cop in any kind of positive light. This is strictly speculation, but anyone that would post a bio like the shooter probably has a little bit of a “cop ego”.
It’s going to be really interesting to see how this plays out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom