Whaddya know, common sense still exists

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In a way I guess...

A Harford County Circuit Court judge Monday dismissed wiretapping charges against Anthony Graber, a motorcyclist who was jailed briefly after he taped a Maryland state trooper who stopped him for speeding on I-95. Graber used a camera mounted on his helmet, then posted the video on YouTube.

Pitt wrote: "Those of us who are public officials and are entrusted with the power of the state are ultimately accountable to the public. When we exercise that power in public fora, we should not expect our actions to be shielded from public observation. 'Sed quis custodiet ipsos cutodes' ("Who watches the watchmen?”)."

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/story-lab/2010/09/wiretapping_charges_dropped_ag.html

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Sweet!!! Couldn't believe the charges they were trying to lay on the guy for recording a cop doing a not so stellar job.

Edit: Didn't they also take his computer from his home?

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Is that it - they pressed charges over that 10 seconds of video?!?!?!?!

Yeah, apparently Maryland's police department thinks they have the right to privacy on a public road and only they can use recording devices.

The fact that they and the DA even let this case reach a judge is pretty flipping disturbing.

BoomerShooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I mean - its not like he said HOLD ON before you write that ticket let me video you - I'm SURE he had the camera on way before he was stopped...

STUPID - I'm glad the judge ruled how it should have been done - and to think these idiots are in office that are voted on. That DA would def not be getting my vote...

ZombieHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That cop is clearly out of his mind, first off he got out with NO IDENTIFICATION and a GUN IN HAND!!! Personally he should have been fired upon by a concerned citizen, I for one am thankful for a Judge with the considerable amount of common sense to see the Jack Booted Thuggery for what it was and stomp it down.

I am sorry if it seems brash but no "Officer" should be in plain clothes and GUN drawn in what looks to me like a traffic stop situation, he should not even be out of his personal vehicle, should have minded his own business.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That cop is clearly out of his mind, first off he got out with NO IDENTIFICATION and a GUN IN HAND!!! Personally he should have been fired upon by a concerned citizen,

Do you think that a situation like that could get out of hand really quickly?

Alternatively, should one stay in their personal vehicle and mind their own business?

Latest posts

Top Bottom