Whaddya know, common sense still exists

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoomerShooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In Louisiana it is a state law that you DO NOT have to stop for an unmarked car.

I think this is a VERY good law - anyone can get some lights and put them on their car - if its not marked how do I know its a cop

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In Louisiana it is a state law that you DO NOT have to stop for an unmarked car.

I think this is a VERY good law - anyone can get some lights and put them on their car - if its not marked how do I know its a cop

I totally agree with this. I am not sure that I would even stop for a marked unit lit up like a Christmas tree in certain areas. They can follow me to a location where I feel safe and then we can talk.

Any problems said officer might have with me doing that can be dealt with in the courtroom, in front of a judge.

BoomerShooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm the same way - if it is unmarked - I'm going to keep driving - call Highway Patrol or the Police Station and have them identify the unit behind me - and then I will stop. I am not stopping for just a car with some lights on it - hell I can get online order some blue and red flashing things - and all of a sudden people have to stop for me?

No Thank You

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What a jackass. Kudos for the rider for not flipping out. Why did he feel there was such a need to escalate the situation to that level? Would like to see the rest of the stop. and the look on that pricks face when he realized he was being recorded.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm the same way - if it is unmarked - I'm going to keep driving - call Highway Patrol or the Police Station and have them identify the unit behind me - and then I will stop. I am not stopping for just a car with some lights on it - hell I can get online order some blue and red flashing things - and all of a sudden people have to stop for me?

No Thank You

I've always thought about this while driving along I-35 just north of the I-44 junction where all the unmarked cruisers hang out.

At what point of calling random police stations does the officer assume you're running from the law and, as far as he's concerned, the situation has turned from a simple speeding citation to evading police?

liliysdad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At what point of calling random police stations does the officer assume you're running from the law and, as far as he's concerned, the situation has turned from a simple speeding citation to evading police?

Not very log after the blinkie lights come on.

Rajder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I totally agree with this. I am not sure that I would even stop for a marked unit lit up like a Christmas tree in certain areas. They can follow me to a location where I feel safe and then we can talk.

Any problems said officer might have with me doing that can be dealt with in the courtroom, in front of a judge.

My wife watches all of those true crime shows and I have seen quite a few of them when some guy either uses fake police lights or his security gaurd vehicle and poses as a police officer. He then pulls women over late at night on secluded roads and proceeds to kidnap / rape / kill them.

If I'm getting lit up by an unmarked car or a suspicious car then they better be prepared to follow me to a public area.

I'm glad this case got thrown out but it is extremely sad that the case even went to court and this guy had to spend so much time and money fighting this stupid case. I think the DA should have to pay his lawyer fee's for being an idiot.

BoomerShooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've always thought about this while driving along I-35 just north of the I-44 junction where all the unmarked cruisers hang out.

At the point where you go from going 5 over the speed limit to 55 over I'm pretty sure thats evading the police - if it is unmarked - I would drive to the nearest police station if I could - or call 911 and ask that they send a marked car because you are suspicious of the guy behind you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom