What defensive ammo do you feed your LC9?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd really like to know what ammo you had trouble with. I have not shot mine a lot, and have not bought any specific defensive ammo for carry, but I have not had any feeding issues. Maybe I can buy some different loads than what you have tried (IF I CAN EVEN FIND ANY AMMO, NOW!) and we can compare notes.

billet93

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've fed 3 different JHP loads and a bunch of FMJ and never had a hiccup with any... I can't remember specifics on what I used as I'm at work and would have to look at the boxes at the house. Plus my brain does not engage until noon-ish everyday so I'm still in a fog :)

I know one box was Remington JHP, I do remember that...

SoonerShooter08

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not an LC9, but I run 124gr 9mm +P Speer Gold dots in my Kahr P9. Like others asked, what ammo did you try? I'd question the overall reliability of a gun if it can't run any number of proven JHP rounds. Granted, some guns require a few hundred rounds to break in.

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
124 grain Federal Hydra Shok HP was what I tried to run through it.

It wouldn't even feed the first round when I racked it. I even tried loading it in multiple magazines and still had the same effect.

Latest posts

Top Bottom