What did you do to 'prep' today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Planted 35 acres of hard red winter wheat.

Wennie. I thought you did a whole lot more than that!

LOL....I know what you do, no need to trash me......

I moved dirt tonight. The Salt Fork flooded a couple of year ago, and left a 4 acre area of sand. Nothing grows in it. The county was cleaning out the ditches and I got over a hundred loads of dirt. My life now, is spreading it. I have no life.

pnuner

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ooohhhhhh ... I am so jealous ... We are getting one put in in March but it's about half that size ...

I had looked at the precast 7x10 ones and they were only a couple grand less than the semi-custom 10x14 that I'm having built. Much harder to get into and the steps took up some of the floor space. I got home yesterday and had a big hole in the ground, they are putting up forms today. I figure he will have it poured tomorrow and finish up Monday or Tuesday. I'll try to put up a couple of pics when it's done. I plan to use it for LT food storage also. I am also setting up a very small solar system to power it. This is my first try with solar so we will see how it goes. I ordered a couple of 16' LED stip lights to light it with. I'm pumped :hyper:

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had looked at the precast 7x10 ones and they were only a couple grand less than the semi-custom 10x14 that I'm having built. Much harder to get into and the steps took up some of the floor space. I got home yesterday and had a big hole in the ground, they are putting up forms today. I figure he will have it poured tomorrow and finish up Monday or Tuesday. I'll try to put up a couple of pics when it's done. I plan to use it for LT food storage also. I am also setting up a very small solar system to power it. This is my first try with solar so we will see how it goes. I ordered a couple of 16' LED stip lights to light it with. I'm pumped :hyper:

Let us know how it goes and how you like it when it's in.

Oh ... and Happy belated Birfday!! :D

pistolpete2002

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Do you mind sharing who your contractor is and about how much just his part is costing?

I live on an acre and would like to do something similar.

pnuner

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't mind sharing at all. It's Rick Wylie Construction out of Comanche. Here is is facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Storm-Shelters-basements-FEMA-approved/110675952306713 that's how I found him. He has base prices and sizes on there, he also does custom work. Depending on distance rates will be more but he seems reasonable. The base price of the 10x14 is $6,300 and I'm paying $7,000. I'm about 200 miles away though so that is covering his travel & hotel costs. So far it's been him and one other guy (possibly his son). It's day 2 and from what I can tell he almost has it ready to pour concrete just needs to set the re-bar. So far I'm pleased with his work. He originally estimated it would take about 6 weeks to get to me, but it was more like 8 or 9. Not a big deal, I wasn't in a hurry. We actually did all our communication over facebook messaging, he was quick to respond whenever I had a question.

Oh and BB thanks for the birthday wishes & you are welcome here any time, my youngest is selling Blue & Gold :wave:

pistolpete2002

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't mind sharing at all. It's Rick Wylie Construction out of Comanche. Here is is facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Storm-Shelters-basements-FEMA-approved/110675952306713 that's how I found him. He has base prices and sizes on there, he also does custom work. Depending on distance rates will be more but he seems reasonable. The base price of the 10x14 is $6,300 and I'm paying $7,000. I'm about 200 miles away though so that is covering his travel & hotel costs. So far it's been him and one other guy (possibly his son). It's day 2 and from what I can tell he almost has it ready to pour concrete just needs to set the re-bar. So far I'm pleased with his work. He originally estimated it would take about 6 weeks to get to me, but it was more like 8 or 9. Not a big deal, I wasn't in a hurry. We actually did all our communication over facebook messaging, he was quick to respond whenever I had a question.

Oh and BB thanks for the birthday wishes & you are welcome here any time, my youngest is selling Blue & Gold :wave:

Thanks for sharing. I'm spending about the same amount on a barn right now. I'm going to have to save up to get me one, but I've been wanting something like that.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fencing off an acre by the pond to keep the cows away. Wife found the DEAL OF THE CENTURY at Atwood's Saturday. Acquired 3 plum, 3 peach, 3 pear and 3 apple trees. 8' tall $1 each. Be having me some gooooooooooooooooood jelly in 2 years.

Latest posts

Top Bottom