What do you know about S&W M&P

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know nothing, never seen one in real life, but I saw some police trade ins, gone now, and I'm looking now. I guess some have safeties, some don't, at least a couple different sizes, calibers and models. I would want the full size, 45acp, no safety. I don't know about the 2.0 ? Accuracy not too important, reliability is a must. The police guns were 250, sorry I missed that. What's to like? Anything to stay away from? I'm looking to buy a few.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve got several M&Ps in each of 9, 40, and 45. I’ve never had a problem with any of them and they eat any ammo I feed them including my reloads. Accuracy is better than I am. The 1.0 M&Ps benefit from an Apex trigger replacement. The 2.0 triggers are much better and I see no need for an Apex trigger in those guns. Also, I really like the grip stippling on the 2.0s.

Last edited:

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know alot of Glock guys that have a gen 1 M&P45. I'm one of them.
The Apex duty/carry trigger kit is an absolute game changer for them.
Never messed with a 2.0.
The M&P22 used to be one of the top suppressor hosts for a long while.
I'm not a fan of the M&P9, but alot of people love the Shield and EZ models.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve got several M&Ps in each of 9, 40, and 45. I’ve never had a problem with any of them and they eat any ammo I feed them including my reloads. Accuracy is better than I am. The 1.0 M&Ps benefit from an Apex trigger replacement. The 2.0 triggers are much better and I see no need for an Apex trigger in those guns. Also, I really like the grip stippling on the 2.0s.
This is exactly the range report I would give. I shot USPSA for almost 8 years with an M&P 1.0 with an apex trigger system in .40. Not one single firearm issue in tens of thousands of rounds.
Bought one of the 1.0's in 9mm when they were dumping them on the market for a tad over $200. It's been the nightstand gun for years now, getting to the range often.
The 2.0 has a pretty decent trigger, grip is great and the same angle as a 1911. I can't shoot a glock. The grip angle just doesn't work for me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom