What do you see as the future of America?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebel-son

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
There are several ways it could go in part depending on what happens with different things. Amnesty happens I think it really speeds up the decline.

I think the way liberals try to divide people and give things out to many minority groups instead of actually trying to make their lives better ( easier to get welfare than college aid sometimes) I would not be the least bit surprised if there is a race war. i hate to see it and dont want to, but think its possible.

It also could breakdown along liberal and conservative lines.

Sadly unless we have a good game of cowboys and liberals america's best days might be behind it. When someone like Barack Hussein Obama can be elected twice it shows how sick of a society we have become and I think we go the way of many societies that vanished.

I hope not, but seems to point to that.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hard to say, but I do know the simple truism that if something can't go on forever, it won't; and if you live beyond your means in the present, you must live beneath your means in the future. Someday, someone will have to pay the price for the unsustainable behavior of the politicians and central bankers.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm always hoping for expecting the worst so I see this in our future

www.tshirtbordello.com_images_Soylent_Green_lg.gif

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I suspect that the "great depression" will be viewed as a mild economic "adjustment" when compared to what's coming down the pike. When the United States of America hits the bottom, it's going to hit hard - and I doubt it can get back up because the source of its success (the Constitution) has been so weakened and diluted over the past century that it has become just another bunch of words to most people.

I see the failure of monetary currency with inflation so high that the paper is worth more than the tender.
I see the failure of transportation systems to distribute goods like food and other staples because of cost and limited availability of fuel.
I see the failure of utility systems - gas, electric, water - one after the other because of economic inability to buy parts needed to maintain them, and lack of trained people to operate them.

[Broken External Image]

And I see riots the scope of which make those in the 60's and 70's look like block parties. Sadly, I believe that most of the riots will be race based if for no other reason than because that's what we see first when we look at a stranger, and as cerebral and high minded as we might believe we are it remains within our nature to the level of animal instinct to trust those "like me" more than those "not like me".
And from all of these things - death, disease, and destruction of an apocalyptic scale.
Finally, for those who remain it will be back to the land to survive, to find, grow, and harvest food for barter, because there will be little left otherwise. And there will be those who attempt to take what they themselves can't find or get any other way.

And I really, really hope I'm wrong - but we simply cannot continue to give the country away and still expect to have anything left for ourselves, our children, and our children's children.

This!!!!

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At some point, for whatever reason, 'the union' dissolves. Everything changes, dramatically. The cracks start to show in quiet, God-fearing, midwest states first - they grow tired of being under represented, marginalized, and being largely ignored by 'the power brokers'.

Texas thinks it's crap doesn't stink and forms it's own sphere of media influence. Oklahoma, despite the bravado of 'owning it's own destiny', follows Texas (and ultimately becomes 'New Texas' in the eyes of onlookers.) There is too much money, too much mutual interest, and too much interdependence on Texas at every level for Oklahoma to blaze it's own trail. Texas just kind of keeps quiet about it, but is secretly happy it isn't going things alone and is happy to have 'little brother' in the fold.

Seemingly random other states admire the moxie and panache, and move to join Texas & Oklahoma in the new union from the ashes of a failed experiment. Even from far-away places like Appalachia. Rumors of Utah, Indiana, even California.

Oh wait...

www.baylor.edu_content_imglib_1_6_0_6_160627.jpg

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
65 years ago, people were building bomb shelters, prepping and waiting for the nukes to fly, waiting for the end. Are we better, or worse off than then? Or just different?

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
65 years ago, people were building bomb shelters, prepping and waiting for the nukes to fly, waiting for the end. Are we better, or worse off than then? Or just different?
A little over 100 years ago people were buying gas masks to protect themselves from the poisonous gases of the tail of Halley's comet as it approached.

And then there was........

t3_gstatic_com_images_4db807944aa4a6f18d79ebe44735ed4e._.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom