What firearms are on your 2024 wishlist?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_0296.jpeg
    IMG_0296.jpeg
    16.8 KB · Views: 0

ChrisWilson

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
uggggghhhhh. That’s another itch I’ve wanted to scratch for a while (Thanks to Tom Selleck for making Quigley)

id “settle” for a repro myself, but earlier in the thread I was complaining about how much my #1 in 45/70 recoiled, so have been curious whether the extra weight of a big Sharps would tone it down
The heavier sharps is much more pleasant to shoot than the lighter carbines. That being said I’ve always wanted a No1 myself. I have a Marlin 1895 LTD 45-70 with an 18” barrel, with stiffer loads that thing will thump you good so I know what you mean!!!

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm thinking of an AR (actually buying one instead of building one,) a PSA Dagger (the closest I'll ever get to owning a Glock,) and maybe a 9mm upper and magwell converter for my AR pistol.

Daryl Licht

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to have a lengthy wish list. It's empty now. Over time a lot of them were acquired and lot of them were just removed from the list for one reason or another, mainly because either all the good deals were gone or for surplus stuff the cheap ammo dried up.

This year was pretty good for me though. In '23 I got:

CZ P-07
M&P Shield .45 3.3"
M&P Shield .45 4" PC
Ruger Super Wrangler
Henry H-001 .22

Those probably rounded out the list.

KipK

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
GForce Arms GF-99DLX AR-style Shotgun, Semi-automatic, 12 Gauge, 20" Barrel, 5+1 Rounds
Haven't seen many AR-style 20 gauge shotguns. I would like to see more.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I looked up some velocity data on the three 6MM rounds. This will vary a lot depending on barrel length and bullet weight.

6MM ARC. 2800 fps
243 Win. 3200 fps
6MM Rem. 3500 fps

As to recoil, it’s mostly undetectable in both my 243 and 6MM Rem rifles. This is not criticism of the 6ARC in any way, my next AR15 build will be a 6ARC. I just don’t see the value of the round in a bolt action. Weight could be a factor, but comparing weight on ARs and bolt guns really isn’t fair.
The .243 WSSM outruns all of them and is available in the AR platform.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
The .243 WSSM outruns all of them and is available in the AR platform.
Problem is the 243wssm runs so fast you can’t even buy it. If it were commercially available, and cases were buyable and currently manufactured, I would be all about it. The 6arc uses one of the most common cases on earth, with a popular and easy to find bolt face. It’s also much much cheaper and easier to find.

Latest posts

Top Bottom