What Game Camera Are you using?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rw1341

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What game cameras are you using? I've been using a couple Moultrie I-60 cameras for a few years. The first one was GREAT! When I ordered the second on a few years later, I realized it had been dumbed down a bit, i.e. plastic screw heads verses metal etc. They both use 6 D bateries. Now it doesn't work & the LED display on the original one is out and it too maybe on its last leg.

SO what are you guys recomending these days. I want long battery life (prefer AA batteries), IR (not white flash) and easy programability.

I don't need video or remote capabilities.

Thanks in advance!

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1 for the Bushnell Trophy Cam. I picked up the Bone Collector version this year and have had good luck with it. I had been using primos truth cams the past couple of years with decent results, but they finally crapped out.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Right now I'm running....
One Multrie D40 (an older model which has been grat but like yours the LCD screen is out, that's common with them bu an easy fix). A D55ir which is 3 years old but running strong til lately the pics aren't very clear, batterie life is about a year. My favorite which is the 55 mini cam, which uses AA Batteries and lasts well over a year.
Then I have 2 Primos 35s which I got this year and seem to be promising. $99 for 2 remanufactured ones through Natchez.... Can't beat that!
Then I have two Wild Game IR4s which are super easy, take great pics and haven't had any trouble out of in 5 years except the battery life is horrible!!! 2 weeks max on 4 C batteries.
Honestly stay away from any cam that uses C batteries, all of them are notorious for horrible battery life. The cams that run AA usually have great life.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Right now I'm running....
One Multrie D40 (an older model which has been grat but like yours the LCD screen is out, that's common with them bu an easy fix). A D55ir which is 3 years old but running strong til lately the pics aren't very clear, batterie life is about a year. My favorite which is the 55 mini cam, which uses AA Batteries and lasts well over a year.
Then I have 2 Primos 35s which I got this year and seem to be promising. $99 for 2 remanufactured ones through Natchez.... Can't beat that!
Then I have two Wild Game IR4s which are super easy, take great pics and haven't had any trouble out of in 5 years except the battery life is horrible!!! 2 weeks max on 4 C batteries.
Honestly stay away from any cam that uses C batteries, all of them are notorious for horrible battery life. The cams that run AA usually have great life.

C batteries should be banned from existance. Our fire departments $4800 SCBA's run on 4 of them, go figure.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some thieves are using Bushnell Trophy Cams. They did work for me really well. I have a some wireless, remote storage cameras by Spypoint now. Its still early on whether I like em, or love em. The Spypoint live using a SIM card just like a cell phone, allows me to see pictures live. The deer pics are nice, but I would be most tickled to catch a thief or trespasser in the act.

Last edited:

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm using, primarily, Reconyx HC600 cameras. They are the best game camera made, hands down. In a week, I'll have 1200-2500 pics of deer on a camera. They are almost all good pics, i.e. no blank pics with nothing in the field of view. They are completely covert IR flash and the battery life is amazing. The lithiums are new this year (it takes 12 AA) and they have taken probably 10-14,000 pictures and are still going strong. I have a couple Spypoint tiny cameras and they work okay. One has horrible battery life. I think something may even be wrong with it. They do take good pics though.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am still using the first digital Camtrakker that I bought back in 2003, and I have a few more that I bought between 2004 and 2006. At the time they cost about $350, but they have a Sony digital camera in them.

There is no telling how many pictures I have taken with them. I used them last weekend on my hunt in OK, and I downloaded over 2000 off of three cameras.

Latest posts

Top Bottom