What have you forgotten to take with you hunting?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This morning I was going to hunt for the first time this ML season and since I have had a crappy last two weeks with my health and spent most of this last week at the dr or in the hospital or in bed sleeping. I felt good this morning and wanted to go hunting so I get up get in the woods see a few doe and then it hit me I didn't buy a tag yet so now I am really thinking I need a lifetime license.

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've left my treestand home a couple of times. One time, I was 30 miles from home when I turned around to go back and get my bow.

Then once, when my truck was broken down, I used the wifes car to go hunting. Even had a shot at a decent buck but missed. Only after that did I realize that had I got one, it would have had to go into the trunk. LOL She never let me use the car for hunting again.

I can tell you from experience, that a 169 pound buck will ride in the trunk of a Nissan Maxima as long as you use tie downs to keep the trunk hatch in place. :cool:

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
shitter paper, ive lost many a sock to the woods

I've got a T-shirt with no right sleeve in it because I went out to check my cams and realized that my pack didn't have any paper in it this year - quickly remedied for next time.

I've gone duck hunting without a shotgun (or with my son's 20ga and only 12ga ammo - and the opposite, with my 12ga and only my kid's 20ga ammo).

You learn to get that crap straight when you've got several different guns for kids, but man those were hard lessons to learn :D

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
last Saturday I left my house 3 times before I headed out to Duncan for the last time. Snacks, Excedrin for my headache, finally long sleeve shirt.

two-click

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Forgot my bow once,another time I forgot my arrows.One time during m/l season I forgot my 209 primers.I found my buddy borrowed 3-4 primers,went back to where I had been sitting,put in the primer and about 3 minutes later I shot a spike.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Broadheads...Yup. That's right.

Had my practice tips in for a target session...got busy with work, got up at o'dark-thirty and hit the woods. Snuck in super quiet, settled into my stand, reached for first arrow...Damn.

I swear I heard the deer laughing at me as I slunk back to my truck.

Woody's Janitor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hate wearing my hunting boots from the house to the stand so I usually wear tennis shoes until I get there. One time I was walking to my stand and it was a long walk. I had a funny feeling so I stopped and started checking everythig and noticed my white high top tennis shoes. The deer didn't seem to mind because I saw at least 12 and shot all my arrows without hitting a thing while I was laughing my butt off. Great memory maker. I also have forgot my orange a couple of times, that sucks!

jalapeno

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
bow release, gloves, ammo, duck calls, flash light, shotgun. and the list goes on. ha ha makes me laugh thinking about all those things now. wasnt funny at the time, but it is now

twocan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
KEYS!!!! A few times a year i change from one truck to the other and i alway hang my hunting keys on the turn signal switch. Its only 8 miles home though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom