What have you forgotten to take with you hunting?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyson C.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
hi my name is tyson and i have forgoten equipment while hunting.

OSA forum group---Hi tyson....

and to think i thought i was alone, there is help for me :)

1.)my first time to go out, i got in late the night before rifle season started. so i hurried to pack everything up and sit it by the door so i would be ready in the morning. got out to the spot, went to go load my rifle and relized that i sat my bullets down to grab the keys...luckily i had one bullet in my shoulder strap :grumble:, now i always put the bullets in my pocket first thing ;)

2.)went coyot hunting with my new fox pro last year and forgot the remote :bah:. then just this last friday i went coyote hunting and forgot my shooting sticks, thought they was in the truck..

3.)one of my favorites; was i went hunting with my younger cousin (in kansas to vidoe tape him) and it was real early and we were sleep walking around and headed out. got all the way to the spot (1.5hrs from home) and he said WTF!! what he thought was the pack for his pop up blind was actually his little brothers camping tent :rollingla, i aksed how long he really planned on being out here :wink2:

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gun, ammo, bow, necessary meds, clean socks and underwear (not a necessity until the other hunters decide to clean you up), cell phone [really a blessing], etc.

But remember, for me that's far less than one item per year. I have resorted to checklists, and they usually keep me out of trouble. CB

Reaction score
Came close to forgetting my crank to cock my PSE x-bow, but remembered before I got out of the driveway thankfully - that was earlier this year.

Worst is to forget a compass then get lost - worse yet is to forget both compass AND any light, an get lost in the evening.

Clean Harry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is embarrassing. I went hunting this morning & forgot my rifle! How the heck do you forget the most essential tool for the job????

So I thought I was already last night but didn't load up my rifle in the 4Runner as I wanted to insure it didn't get any condensation in the barrel overnight.

My Savage ML II stayed in the dining room corner while I drove around 60 miles to my hunting destination early this morning. I arrive and put on my hunting boots and start getting my hunting jacket & pack on and realize what I did.

What have you forgotten to take with you hunting?

I did that once myself. I live in OKC and was hunting up in Lincoln County. I drove up the turnpike and took the Wellston exit and reached back to make sure my rifle didn't shift when making the turn. It wasn't there. I went ahead to the stand with my camera.

RackStacker30

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thermacell twice the past two years. Of course the two days where it was unseasonably warm and I was hunting near rivers. Mosquitoes tore me up!

Last year I seemed to have a problem with remembering my release. I probably made it to the stand at least four times before I realized I had left it in my bow case at the truck. Now I keep it in my backpack b/c there is no way I will forget it (probably just jinxed myself!).

Latest posts

Top Bottom