What is so great about the P-mags?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SDS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay, maybe I'm just way behind the times here but I don't get all the hype about the P-mags. I found some that I didn't know I had so I must have gotten them at a pretty good price but I have never shot them or taken them out of the wrapper. I have never had a need to. I still use my old steel magazines and they work just fine. So what is the deal? Why is everyone willing to give up their first born for these things?

It took me awhile to decide how I felt about people selling for crazy high prices but I've concluded that I just really don't care one way or the other. If someone wants to ask insane prices, okay. If someone else wants to spend crazy money on something, fine. It doesn't affect me one way or the other. I'd be pissed if I sold someone some thinking I was helping them out just to learn they were just trying to turn a buck. If they want to stand in line at Academy every morning and there is someone willing to give them the incentive to do it, go for it.

Anyway, I guess I just don't get a lot of things and the older I get I realize that I'm either a simpleton or absolutely not paying attention to what is going on around me.

SDS

recon279

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
the p mags are tougher when i was in afgan in 2011 active duty issues them now cause if u fall or have too get in the prone fast and slam ur mag on the ground they wont mess up like the steel mags

ArGyLe64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Feed lips don't bend or break when you drop them on concrete. They're the most durable mag available. Different accessories for them to completely customize them to fit your operator needs.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't have anything but jungle mud to drop mine into, so the GI mags worked good for me.
Pmags weren't available in my day, so I'll leave the reviews to those that have used them.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just good, lightweight, durable, reliable mags for what was at the time, a relatively inexpensive price. If they were $10 more than metal mags, I wouldn't pay the extra for them.

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like them because they just feel like they function smoother and feel more precise. My GI mags were crap until I switched out the followers for the Magpul anti-tilt followers, now they function just as smooth. Totally worth the upgrade.

Also, maybe just semantics, but I keep seeing people talking about "steel" mags. Did they actually make any in steel? All my GI mags are aluminum...

SDS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I get that they are probably more inexpensive to produce. Just never have used one and never had any real complaints about the steel mags. I was just curious about why everyone has gone freakin' nutz for the things vs. the steel ones.

If things stay the way they are I'll be trading off the Pmags I have for stuff I'd like to have and resort to my standby mags for my range time.

SDS

SDS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
N8, you are correct sir. They are aluminum, not steel. Sorry, things like that bug the crap out of me when other people do it....

SDS

Latest posts

Top Bottom