What Is Your Longest Solo Road Trip?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's actually a lot of debate over this in the motorcycle forums. Can it really be the longest road if there's a 100-mile gap of dense forest? The Darien Gap is a jungle between Central and South America, no roads through it.

People have carved their way through the jungle on motorcycles, but it's more or less bushwacking and pushing a motorbike vs riding it through. It'd be like walking to Will Roger's Airport, hopping a flight to Tulsa, and telling people you walked there lol

Australia's Highway 1 is "officially" the longest continuous road in the world, but there is one even longer. It connects South Africa to China... but since it goes through three continents and 20-something countries as 20 differently named patches of tarmac, it's not considered one continuous road even though it is. Some of those crazy YouTube Round-the-Worlders have documented that trip. Africa is dangerous enough, but the Middle East is pure bananas.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Waco to Myrtle Beach
Waco to Dayton OH (and reverse), did this a bunch straight through each way.
Tulsa to Vegas (and reverse) several times.

Each leg above is 1100-1200 miles and I hate staying at hotels, and flying (Im 6'6" and all these trips are always crammed regional jets with layovers)...so I'd rather roadtrip it and drive straight through.

Last edited:

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My parents and sisters live in Pensacola so I make that trip a lot. It's about 13 hours. Also take the wife to Houston every 3 months for doctor's appointments and scans. And my oldest daughter lives in Colorado. Car gets a lot of mileage.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just drove from NW of Taos to Sapulpa Monday. Drove from Pennsylvania to Sapulpa, NC to Sapulpa, more road trips than I can count. Wife and I get more windshield time than most, and we love it. Probably be like Terry one of these days.

Wife drove straight through from DC to Sapulpa a couple years ago, she was alone in her Civic Si - she burned up the road on that one lol.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did have one planned, that got canceled. It was more of a "just to say I did it" but Waco to Eilson AFB in Alaska. 3900 miles one way to visit my sister while she was there with her (then) husband....buuut they split before I could make the trip.

Latest posts

Top Bottom