What's on Your Bucket List?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To parachute from a hot air balloon. I’ve jumped from a variety of aircraft, both fixed wing and helicopters, but have always wanted to take the plunge from a great big hot air balloon.

To take a long, several days cross-continental train trip in a private sleeper car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm pretty simple (simple minded for sure) and my bucket list consists of...

Watch my grandkids graduate high school and preferably college, marry and have kids of their own.
Take Mrs. GED on an Alaskan cruise and to see Maine and South Dakota.
Pay off my house.
Own an H&K MP5.
Retire.

Anything else is just gravy.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been sitting here pondering on it and......

nothing.gif

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I’ve had a nice life so far but a few things I’d like.

Train ride across the Canadian Rockies

To see my grandkids grow up to be good people and have kids of their own

To see my youngest daughter recover from her drug addiction and live a happy healthy life. Haven’t heard from her since 6-22.

Take a leisurely trip by car or motorcycle to all 49 states. Been to Hawaii by air.

To be able to relax and just enjoy life more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Visit some very remote area of the world, because so few have been in these places. Bouvet Island in the South Atlantic, comes to mind; Point Nemo in the South Pacific does as well. See the Sahara.

Or, a more realistic ambition; going up in a balloon or blimp would be fun. Go on a cruise. See more of the USA and even Europe.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Visit some very remote area of the world, because so few have been in these places. Bouvet Island in the South Atlantic, comes to mind; Point Nemo in the South Pacific does as well. See the Sahara.

Or, a more realistic ambition; going up in a balloon or blimp would be fun. Go on a cruise. See more of the USA and even Europe.

Go to Albuquerque NM and you can charter a Hot Air Balloon. Some of them have a package deal with local B&B's. We did this a few years ago and stayed at the Bottger Mansion on the edge of Old Town. It's a very nice, very cool Victorian B&B. Frank Sinatra got married there! If you do this, also make sure to ride the world's largest aerial tram from the base to the top of Sandia Peak, it's also right there near the B&B, maybe 10 miles as best I recall... Pro Travel Tip: For great New Mexican chow, go the the place the locals eat at...Duran's Pharmacy Lunch Spot; it's a café inside the pharmacy and only couple blo0cks from the Bottger Mansion B&B. Tell them you want the Enchilada Plate served "Christmas Style"; you get both Red and Green sauce on top. Yum Yum.

For a real cruising adventure, check this out: www.sailmainecoast.com and read more about it at https://www.aarp.org/travel/vacation-ideas/cruises/info-2019/maine-windjammer-cruise.html

There are 8 very nice Windjammers in this association. I sailed on the Stephen Taber for a week just this last September. Wow. A great time! No more than 20 guests and it is so much better than the large cruise ships. You will not be disappointed my friend.

On the 2nd link, the Stephen Tabor is shown under sail.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

To see my youngest daughter recover from her drug addiction and live a happy healthy life. Haven’t heard from her since 6-22.

Take a leisurely trip by car or motorcycle to all 49 states. Been to Hawaii by air.

Sincerest sympathies. I truly hope this gets resolved in a good way, and if you ever need anything in this arena, please ask.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

My sincerest sympathies as well. My oldest step-daughter is in the same boat, but I have banned her from my house after catching her via cam stealing money from my wallet and her mother's post-op pain pills. She continues to refuse rehab. Fine.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
#2 To experience Macchu Pichu in Peru. I'd like to do the trip that takes a week to hike into the site.

I want to go to Macchu Pichu. Not that I know or care anything about Macchu Pichu, I just love saying Macchu Pichu!

Macchu Pichu Macchu Pichu :rollingla

Alaska is a whole different deal. Don't think I could ever get bored with summers there. Winters and summers in the South of the state like Ketchikan are milder than the same seasons in Oklahoma, but they get something like 17 feet of rain a year. I know a guy that moved there and he will never leave. Been there twice.
We took an Alaskan cruise a few years ago and stopped in Ketchikan. I was talking to a sales clerk in a store and he said something like, at least you had nice weather today. I said yeah, they said there was zero percent chance of rain, but it's already been a little drizzly. He kind of shrugged and said, yeah... they don't really call that "rain" here. :rollingla

Latest posts

Top Bottom