What lubricant do you use on your firearms?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"L'Académie française also called the French Academy, is the pre-eminent French learned body on matters pertaining to the French language."

There are your marks, and the gender used. Obviously the "pre-eminent....learned body" must realize they are feminine. I just cannot stop laughing at this.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nope - when I used it it was all I used. By the end of a range session it was just plain gone off off any pistol. Carry gun - dry as a bone by the end of a week. That's why I switched to grease on slides and use a CLP/Mobil 1 mixture anywhere oil is recommended. I am currently testing Royal Purple to see if it hangs around as long as the factory rep who was hawking it at H&H once said it would.

How much does a little bottle of that cost? I never give it a look because you can buy a whole quart of Mobil 1 synthetic at Wally World for about 8 bucks. I guarantee it's the same basic stuff.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How much does a little bottle of that cost? I never give it a look because you can buy a whole quart of Mobil 1 synthetic at Wally World for about 8 bucks. I guarantee it's the same basic stuff.

Four bucks for an ounce. Expensive. I rember asking if Royal Purple was just a synthetic motor oil without all the car gunk in it and was told no. Formulated for guns. The rep provided no more detail than that.

It does seem to hang around though fairly well but not as well as I'd like.

Latest posts

Top Bottom