What will 30 minutes and no extra cash get ya

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxim240sx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It looks good for a DIY chop job. My question is this... Why? You want a gun that won't print? Less grip and less bullets makes for a less useful gun. There is nothing good about doing that other then being able to conceal it better. 95% of people will not see a compact Glock on any able body if concealed correctly. Regardless, it's just my opinion and I'm entitled to it ;) I will say again though, it does look very good. What I would do to it is a very mild stippling. You'll cover the ugly chopped in half "Glock" logo, give you friction (since you cut off an inch) for a better grip and something that won't catch on clothing.

The shorter grip has no effect on accuracy at all, for me personally. I think the gap floorplate helps with the grip. The chop did help with printing quite a bit I think. The stock 19 in a CBST type holster does print a bit with the butt of the gun for me. And I can still run g19 mags, so the gun really isn't "less useful". I've been thinking about the whole stippling thing. I'd love to have it done. Not sure if I could pull it off myself, maybe with some practice lol. But I'm not going to practice on my carry gun.

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The shorter grip has no effect on accuracy at all, for me personally. I think the gap floorplate helps with the grip. The chop did help with printing quite a bit I think. The stock 19 in a CBST type holster does print a bit with the butt of the gun for me. And I can still run g19 mags, so the gun really isn't "less useful". I've been thinking about the whole stippling thing. I'd love to have it done. Not sure if I could pull it off myself, maybe with some practice lol. But I'm not going to practice on my carry gun.

If it doesn't affect your grip then I'd think about how you're gripping the gun. Stippling IMO is easier then chopping the grip and doing an undercut.

maxim240sx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it doesn't affect your grip then I'd think about how you're gripping the gun. Stippling IMO is easier then chopping the grip and doing an undercut.

I understand what your mean about stippling being easier, because your just poking the grip with a soldering iron. But the hard part is making it look good I think. I have been researching it online, but I need a guinea pig to practice on like an airsoft possibly.

NINEROUND

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just my opinion, but it looks a little weird, but then again if it works for you, have at it. I put a Ed Brown bevertail on my Kimber by myself back when I was young and could do no wrong. It looks fine and turned out well, but in retrospect I wouldn't do it again. At least on a $1000 gun. But Glocks are a little less pricey. After you shoot it, let us known know how your 19CC (compensated, chopped) shoots, structural issues etc.

1911Nut

Marksman
Reaction score
Still be ugly.

That is all you can say? If so, then how about you don't comment? Also, maybe you should learn to put a complete sentence together without sounding like a uneducated idiot.

To the OP, I think it looks good. It will have zero effect on the accuracy, hell I would even venture to bet you shoot it just as good as before. If it works for you then that is all that matters. I personally like the combo of the smaller grip and longer slide.

maxim240sx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just my opinion, but it looks a little weird, but then again if it works for you, have at it. I put a Ed Brown bevertail on my Kimber by myself back when I was young and could do no wrong. It looks fine and turned out well, but in retrospect I wouldn't do it again. At least on a $1000 gun. But Glocks are a little less pricey. After you shoot it, let us known know how your 19CC (compensated, chopped) shoots, structural issues etc.

Structurally it's the same. I didn't really change anything, just shed some weight off the grip. I ran 200rds after the chop, runs the same as before.

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I understand what your mean about stippling being easier, because your just poking the grip with a soldering iron. But the hard part is making it look good I think. I have been researching it online, but I need a guinea pig to practice on like an airsoft possibly.

Stippling is cake, especially if you go with this style [Broken External Image]. Just a fine soldering iron point. Once you do a small section, you'll easily grasp the way it works and you'll be able to figure out how to give it more and less friction

maxim240sx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stippling is cake, especially if you go with this style [Broken External Image]. Just a fine soldering iron point. Once you do a small section, you'll easily grasp the way it works and you'll be able to figure out how to give it more and less friction

Yeah thats the kind I'm wanting! People call is sharkskin I think? From what I've read you should just start with dots all over and eventually connect them, instead of trying to go in lines.

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah thats the kind I'm wanting! People call is sharkskin I think? From what I've read you should just start with dots all over and eventually connect them, instead of trying to go in lines.

I didn't go in lines, I just started at a small section and moved on. You will figure it out. If you have guts to do a chop, the stippling will be nothing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom