What would you do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The last couple people I know that hit deer and did the right thing by calling the game warden were told to do whatever they wanted to with it. The game wardens wouldn’t even come out. I guess they might come out for a poaching case, but who knows anymore.
No they don't. Caught a couple guys dragging a deer off my property after they shot it from the road. Called gw and I had to get the offenders information and they were to meet with the gw at a later time. No I didn't receive any operation game thief money for doing their job.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No they don't. Caught a couple guys dragging a deer off my property after they shot it from the road. Called gw and I had to get the offenders information and they were to meet with the gw at a later time. No I didn't receive any operation game thief money for doing their job.
What I did get out of it was a gut shot cow floating in my pond.

FlyGuyGSP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last game warden I spoke to a couple years ago acted as if I was wasting his time. I found a section of our fence cut along a road, blood everywhere and a large area where the grass had been all mashed down where it would appear the dear had been gutted. They didn’t cut the bottom wire were they drug the deer out to the road so that wire had deer hair all over it. It was obvious to me what had happened but the warden through all kinds of other hypotheticals at me that didn’t include someone shooting a deer from the road, cutting our fence and dragging it out to put it in their truck. I didn’t expect him to solve the crime by looking at the scene but I damn sure didn’t expect him to try and come up with some explanation without looking at the scene and making a note. Anyhow, I learned to not bother wardens with frivolous things like a deer being poached.
I’ve initiated interactions with five gw’s over the past two years. 4 out of 5 have been awesome. I’ll take it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom