What would you do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My grandpa shot back… that’s how he handled it while quail hunting. The trespassing/poachers peppered them with shot, so my grandpa shot back with his colt saa, not his shotgun.

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That’s a big issue. I grew up with a POS that didn’t recognize property lines.
Didn’t run with him but his stories were disgusting.
His street name was catkiller because he hated cats and would kill them in a farmhouse front yard while driving past. Road hunting basturd.
If someone turned him in, he would come back right before harvest and set fire to their wheat field. He was that much of an ahole.
He was road hunting one day, saw something and started to pull the 20ga.
Evidently had a finger on the trigger and blew his leg off about midway between the knee and ankle. Couldn’t be saved. Poetic justice.
The leg or he could not be saved?

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thinking about getting some signs made…
IMG_2139.png

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Even if they had you at gun point? These of course are just questions for us to think about. :)
An old farmer told me this story years ago. He was on his property during deer season when he came across a really nice buck, so he grabbed his .45-70 and put a round into his chest. The shot hit him, but didn't drop him, so he followed the blood trail through some woods. When he came out the other side, he found the buck, surrounded by a small group of guys, including a guy who was leasing some of his property for running some kind registered cattle.

There was just the one .45 cal. hole in the deer where the old farmer had shot him, and none of the other guys had anything bigger than a .30-30, but they claimed to have shot the deer. The old farmer told them it was his, but the others persisted in their story, and, as I recall, they made some decided unfriendly moves with their firearms, so he decided that discretion was the better part of valor and left.

...for a few days.

While the guy doing the leasing was away a few days later, the old farmer hooked up to his trailer, loaded up the guy's high-dollar cattle, and took them to the auction barn, where he had them sold for dog food. He had the guy's name and his SSN was engraved into the tongue of the trailer, so he had them put that info on the check from the sale and told them to hold it for "him," then he dropped the trailer in the lot and left.

He figured the sales barn's fees for storing the trailer probably ate up a good chunk of the check from the sale.

So the moral of the story is don't screw with the old guys. They'll get theirs in the end.

DanielJamar

Marksman
Reaction score
You walk up to your deer stand on your land and a stranger steps out of your blind and says "this stand is occupied." You then ask who gave you permission to hunt here? He responds "the land owner." You then advise that you are the land owner and he responds "no you are not."

What would you do?
Ask "who is the land owner?" If he responds by naming a previous owner or similar thing, explain that the land was sold in (date), etc. If there is no logical answer, find a sheriff or game warden/ranger.

Preacherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ask "who is the land owner?" If he responds by naming a previous owner or similar thing, explain that the land was sold in (date), etc. If there is no logical answer, find a sheriff or game warden/ranger.
If I see someone in it then I would already have the sheriff in route. My land is family land that belonged to my dad who passed in 2019 so that would be an interesting answer. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom