What's your favorite breakfast joint?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been to this one and it is amazing. Very simple but impossible to recreate. They fry chickens whole, tear off half the breast and put it on a home made biscuit the size of your fist and put an over easy fried egg and big slice of real cheddar.

Drive-Through
Sunrise Biscuit Kitchen
Chapel Hill, NC

The shared family meal can take many forms. In Chapel Hill, it means a before-school run to this cheerful, pitched-roof drive-through. The line of cars always looks long, but it moves quickly, and a roadworthy sandwich awaits at the end. Owner David Allen uses his grandmother’s recipe, and the biscuits emerge from the oven with crusty tops and steamy centers. Choose from such fillings as Western steak, pork tenderloin, and fried chicken breast, then add egg and cheese to top. There’s never been a better reason to look forward to the morning commute.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Not the biggest serving or even the best breakfast place, but I'll go with Boomerangs. Its local and a Okie owned establishment.

Makes a turd.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
-Shawnee Restaurant in Muskogee
- Kathy's Corner on 412 in Siloam
- Atlas Grille in Tulsa
- Phil's Diner in Tulsa
- Kilkenny's

To name a few. I like breakfast.

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
Let me first say that I'm a morning person; all those years of going fishing with Dad at the break of dawn = good memories. I LOVE breakfast...but I'm always disappointed when I go out to a commercial restaurant for a breakfast meal.
I can make better biscuits, waffles, scrambled eggs and eggs benedict at home. I do like the smoked breakfast sausage at Cracker Barrel but I can buy that and take it home. Cooking is like building a model airplane; if you follow the instructions you'll have success.

Latest posts

Top Bottom