What's your favorite cola?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I was about 8 my dad would take me to this auction house on the weekend. It was like a smallish arena with a show floor surrounded by circled seating ascending upward. The owner of the place would pay me one bottle of Squirt soda for going around each level picking the trash left after the auction. Cheap labor for him but I was convinced I was getting the best of the deal. I loved that stuff. At some point we moved, being a career military family we moved all over every few years and I couldn't find Squirt anymore. Well, several years ago I happened across some on the shelf at the grocery store and I was tickled to death to finally have it again. Once I got home I poured a big glass and took drink....YUCK! That stuff was nasty LOL. I was really hoping that I was going to step back into memory land with that first taste but instead I realized, yet once again, what was awesome as a child is best left as an awesome memory because you really can't go back.

Now I enjoy Dr. Pepper Ten. Tastes like Dr. Pepper but only ten calories and doesn't have that nasty diet soda wang to it. A&W Root Beer Ten is also really good. The 7Up Ten is pretty gross as is the Ginger Ale Ten which was sad news since we always drink ginger ale to soothe upset stomachs in the house.

Don't know how old you are, but I'm of the opinion that what you had as a kid and what is out today are two different things. They used to use real sugar and now they use the HFCS crap. I remember when Coke went off the rails with their "new and improved" recipe. They finally relented and brought back the original and while close, it's never been the same. Used to drop a bag of salted peanuts in a frosty half frozen BOTTLE of coke. Now it's just watered down and not the same. :(

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember when I was a kid just about any flavor of pop or soda was usually called a coke for some reason. I like Coke better than Pepsi and for sure RC but prefer Faygo's codas and cola when Im can get it.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This

upload.wikimedia.org_wikipedia_en_thumb_1_19_Dr_Pepper_modern.svg_1280px_Dr_Pepper_modern.svg.png

Followed by this

cocacolaozarks.com_wp_content_uploads_2009_10_product_banner_fantastrawberry1.jpg

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For colas, Coke. Over-all, Dr. Pepper, preferably from the Dublin plant (real Imperial Cane Sugar in a glass bottle FTW).

As for serving Pepsi, the Borgias would do better. Only inbred Yankees drink Pepsi.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Boylan's
Homeland used to carry it, but you have to have it shipped in now. Soda Pop's may have it.
It tastes like I think fountain Coke used to taste.
Even the diet version is good.
For what I can buy locally, Sam's Choice Diet Caffeine Free, I actually like that better than Diet Pepsi or Diet Coke.
http://www.boylanbottling.com/product/cane-cola/

Reasor's has it.
They dropped the Boylan's products for a while then brought them back.... except for the one I like. That's the Boylan's Original Formula Birch Beer. Best carbonated beverage, ever. They brought back the Red Birch Beer, but it's not the same.

Latest posts

Top Bottom