What's your favorite cola?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Yeppers.....

As for old vs new versions of drinks, I had a friend back in the '80's that was diabetic so he always kept Diet Dr. Pepper in the machine at the country elevator where we worked. I tried that one day and it was flat out nasty.

Fast forward about 10 years or so, and I tried it again and it was better. Then, I was told to get off caffeine, so I went to caffeine-free Diet Dr. Pepper and it is even better than regular diet DP. The only problem is that I haven't found caffeine-free here in Colorado in all the stores I've checked so far. Fortunately, my youngest son came up in August for his vacation and brought me 6 two-liter bottles, so I'm still good for a while.

More retribution, Old Fart....

....how about a hug?

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't know how old you are, but I'm of the opinion that what you had as a kid and what is out today are two different things. They used to use real sugar and now they use the HFCS crap. I remember when Coke went off the rails with their "new and improved" recipe. They finally relented and brought back the original and while close, it's never been the same. Used to drop a bag of salted peanuts in a frosty half frozen BOTTLE of coke. Now it's just watered down and not the same. :(

You may be right about that, I can't say one way or the other as far as ingredients and, yes, people's tastes do change but the new stuff sure didn't taste nearly as good as what I remembered.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
At the moment, after 15 hours of work and commute, my favorite soda is the one with vodka in it. And gin. And tequila. And a splash of lime juice.

Without the soda.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Real Coke was. I liked real RC. Fake sugar killed 'em all. I do like AAA cola. Had one the other night at District 21.

Latest posts

Top Bottom