Where are all the .22 rounds?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think people go to the stores to buy the calibers they want but when they see that they're sold out they settle on buying 22. And it's so cheap, the $50 they were wanting to spend gets a lot of 22.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember back around 2008 election time .22 ammo was hard to find as well. It's just the typical run. If just a small percentage of people decide to buy up a few extra it will deplete the shelves. What we also have at play now is people buying it all up in the stores to resell as well. It all equals making the shelves bare. It will come back, don't worry.

MFCEO

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went to 3 diff WM yesterday with no luck on finding any 250 round or larger boxes. Does anyone know where they have some?

From what I've seen lately, .22lr is the first to go when shipments arrive.
Walmart can get trucks in nightly, sporting goods stores probably 2-3 times a week.
Find out the truck schedule or just keep stopping in...maybe you'll get lucky.

I been to every walmart and academy in a 15 mile radius about 5 diffrent times and cant find 22lr or 9mm. Guy at academy said it's usually gone in about an hour after putting it on shelf! CRAZY!!

I understand the black gun mania; AR's, pmags, BCG, .223, etc.........but I don't understand the lack of 22lr or someone's motive for buying all they can buy!?! Are there some folks or some of you that will use a 22 as their go-to gun? I'm curious.

Im sorry but i cant help but laugh, people used to find it funny showing up with the 15-22, but when I shot 1k of ammo, and it cost me hardly anything they didnt say much else. Plus it allowed me to work on the same manipulation drills etc.

But now everyone wants .22 and I find it funny, because most of them probably dont have anything to shoot it out of lol.

Sure is a lot of noobs in this thread..

Glock N Load

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey don't be hating on us newbies! Lol
Im sorry but i cant help but laugh, people used to find it funny showing up with the 15-22, but when I shot 1k of ammo, and it cost me hardly anything they didnt say much else. Plus it allowed me to work on the same manipulation drills etc.

But now everyone wants .22 and I find it funny, because most of them probably dont have anything to shoot it out of lol.

Sure is a lot of noobs in this thread..

Latest posts

Top Bottom