Where are all the .22 rounds?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Repubiman

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
After the AWB we'll all be going around with tricked out 10/22's. There are probably several reasons people are buying
Up .22 ammo. The main thing I think is panic. .22 ammo is the cheapest of all and almost anyone can go in and snatch
up several boxes just to make them fell that they have something. Another reason might be that people feel we will still
Have .22's after the AWB and are starting to move in that direction just in case. One can get out of the store with a lot
More.22 than buying 2 boxes of .45. So I'm seeing that maybe the .22 platform is the only affordable system out
there now. And, the people who actually still want to shoot, have found that .22 right now is the only logical and
reasonable choice.

Glock N Load

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw a post yesterday where a guy said 22lr ammo and gone up 10 bucks overnight at the store he buys from.I'm sure most guys go in looking for 9mm or bigger and can't find it so they grab a box of .22 so they don't leave with nothing.
After the AWB we'll all be going around with tricked out 10/22's. There are probably several reasons people are buying
Up .22 ammo. The main thing I think is panic. .22 ammo is the cheapest of all and almost anyone can go in and snatch
up several boxes just to make them fell that they have something. Another reason might be that people feel we will still
Have .22's after the AWB and are starting to move in that direction just in case. One can get out of the store with a lot
More.22 than buying 2 boxes of .45. So I'm seeing that maybe the .22 platform is the only affordable system out
there now. And, the people who actually still want to shoot, have found that .22 right now is the only logical and
reasonable choice.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats why I've always used air soft, metal bb's for practice.
Blowback type guns, that are similar to the guns I use.
450-500 fps with compressed air, not bad out to 15-20 feet.
Keeps muscle memory for drawing , getting on target, little recoil for follow up shots.
Try to find the guns that dont lessen with co2 pressure, like changing mags.
Yes I do see the fallacy's in this, but they are fun and inexpensive.

.Anyone in Lawton find Any calibres, I am going to have to start lookg pretty soon

freewookie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I find it amazing those are the calibers I can not find...yet 45, 380, 38 are all readily available. This is even more interesting as typically I have to actually look for 380 and 45.

One reason I may consider moving from 9mm to 45. I've seen a lot of .40 sitting on the shelves too.

Lightsluvr

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But now everyone wants .22 and I find it funny, because most of them probably dont have anything to shoot it out of lol.

Sure is a lot of noobs in this thread..

Is that such a bad thing? You want the noobs standing with you defending our 2nd Amendment Rights, don't you?

BTW I was at Academy in Edmond about an hour ago (Sunday 12:30 p.m.) and they had about 10 boxes of 100 round Remington Yellow Jacket 22LR.

They were asking $7.99 per 100 rd box... better than no ammo at all...

LL

Latest posts

Top Bottom