Where is a good place to sell a vehicle?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can get rid of any car quick using Carvana or Carmax, but they will always offer you thousands under book pricing. You might have better luck just putting it Ebay. You get bidders from everywhere there so pricing is usually much better. The last few times I've sold a car it's been on Ebay.

nich018

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sell2Nelson (Nelson Mazda) in Norman has bought 2 cars from me. I had posted them in Craigslist and they offered me a good price. My son tried to sell his to Carmax and offer was terrible.

Last edited:

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can get rid of any car quick using Carvana or Carmax, but they will always offer you thousands under book pricing. You might have better luck just putting it Ebay. You get bidders from everywhere there so pricing is usually much better. The last few times I've sold a car it's been on Ebay.
carmax gave me more than kkb private party price

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used Carmax a year ago and they offered me $4,000 over KBB (just happened to be $2k over what I paid for it new) for my 2020 Hyundai Santa Fe. Turned around and used that price at the dealer as leverage on it for a trade to a 2021 Ford Explorer. Ford dealer was only offering KBB, so I showed them the Carmax offer and they begrudgingly matched it. Ended up leaving the Ford dealership with a check for $600, a new 4wd Explorer, and a vehicle with only 8 miles on it compared to the 33,000 the Santa Fe had. Umm, I won that round.

So yeah, I like carmax.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just a few weeks ago Carmax offered me $10k less than 2 dealerships.

I would try Carvana, wish I had known about them.

Carvana would probably appreciate someone selling to them that had their title in hand. Stories that I've been hearing is that some buyers from Carvana have had to wait months to get a title for the vehicle that they purchased.

Not sure I would want to deal with a company that doesn't seem to want to worry about titles.

Latest posts

Top Bottom