Where to buy rabbit meat?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yup, trying to find some rabbit meat local to OKC. I've found people on craigslist that sell live meat rabbits, but I don't know if I want to spend $20+ per rabbit... Back in OR I could get them for less than $10 any day of the week. I understand it might be a bit different here, but figured I'd ask to see if anybody had any recommendations.

Yes, I know I could breed them myself, but that's not an option right now, if it was we'd already be doing it.

So any recommendations for meat rabbits in OKC area? Live or processed doesn't matter...

Thanks for the help!

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd prefer bunnies raised for eating, rather than a half-starved rat with mange :-) Never know though, half starved rat with mange just might taste good too...

Makes me think of a lawsuit against a guy back in OR for putting an ad on craigslist looking for free dogs to butcher and can for food storage (and was serious about it).

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'd prefer bunnies raised for eating, rather than a half-starved rat with mange :-) Never know though, half starved rat with mange just might taste good too...

Makes me think of a lawsuit against a guy back in OR for putting an ad on craigslist looking for free dogs to butcher and can for food storage (and was serious about it).

Is eating dog against the law?

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think it was the fact that he was killing dogs that riled people up (animal cruelty). Because that's somehow different than killing a deer or other game... Then again, it was in OR - there is no more common sense left in that state...

Latest posts

Top Bottom