Where's the prettiest part of

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
Like they say, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, but to answer your question for me it's the Ouachita Mountains.
Agreed and add to this Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge, the Tall Grass Prairie and Quartz Mountain.

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There’s lots of pretty places all over the state, I think. Kenton, north to the state line (carrizo creek bottom) is the most unique to me. And very pretty.
Blue river WMA has some gorgeous scenery when you’re on the water. But a lot of the smaller, more eastern rivers are very scenic.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been all over this magnificent state, one time in one day. When I was working for Siemens, I had service calls for SW Bell in Ardmore, Tulsa, and OKC. Then several more in Guymon. Woodward, and Altus. I didn't have much time for sightseeing, but I did have time for the astonishment and wonderous beauty this state has.

From the flat plains of waving grain in the panhandle and other NW Oklahoma counties, the Little Sahara sand dunes, the salt lake of Alfalfa County, the buttes on the Cimarron, and the cave system nearby, I'll take NW Oklahoma anytime.

NW Okla Cimarron River by Freedom.JPG

Dmc707

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
, I'll take NW Oklahoma anytime.

Although i originate from the Talihina area, i have to agree --- something really cool about the bleak almost desert-like landscape out there -- pine trees everywhere can get tiring at times ---

but its nice to have options - If a person was of a mind to , they could enjoy the foothills, trees and humidity of SE Oklahoma one weekend and tromp around in the desert the next - all without leaving the state

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Beauty can be found in all of nature if you’re looking for it but I get the question. A lot has to do with how much rain and the time of year. I live next to Lake Lawtonka and am 10 minutes from The Refuge and all these pictures were taken near my home. The vase with wildflowers came from the ditches on the side of the road 4 years ago. Miles and miles were filled with color. The frozen lilies were from the ice storm, believe it was October of 2020??

Attachments

• IMG_4307.jpeg
    IMG_4307.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4665.jpeg
    IMG_4665.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4123.jpeg
    IMG_4123.jpeg
    670.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4073.jpeg
    IMG_4073.jpeg
    784.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3483.jpeg
    IMG_3483.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3725.jpeg
    IMG_3725.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I have been all over this magnificent state, one time in one day. When I was working for Siemens, I had service calls for SW Bell in Ardmore, Tulsa, and OKC. Then several more in Guymon. Woodward, and Altus. I didn't have much time for sightseeing, but I did have time for the astonishment and wonderous beauty this state has.

From the flat plains of waving grain in the panhandle and other NW Oklahoma counties, the Little Sahara sand dunes, the salt lake of Alfalfa County, the buttes on the Cimarron, and the cave system nearby, I'll take NW Oklahoma anytime.

View attachment 473088

This was the exact place I was going to mention. Anywhere along the bluffs along the river from Freedom to the NW. Catch it at sunset when the cottonwoods are gold in the fall and it can't be beat imo.

Latest posts

Top Bottom