Which appreciates in value faster, military C&Rs or Modern Day Rifles?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very generally stated, C&R long guns starting around the years 2000-2005 have outstripped commercial arms, with the exceptions of some AK and AR styles.

filobeto

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a crate of SKS rifles in 1992 for $42 each. The damn things were nasty. I think I sold them for $75-$95 each. It took two weeks of labor to clean the damn things. I wish I would have left them in the crate. I think all guns will go up. They usually beat inflation and if interest rates go up, all goods and services will have to up.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
More specific information would be needed prior to even a wild hair guess. The generalities used are too varied to make an assumption.

I agree. I think C&R would. I think the higher end modern rifles would increase faster. My East German Makarov has more than doubled since I bought it 20 yrs ago. The 8mm mauser that I sold, barely increased in value.

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
"Appreciate" is the wrong term. Guns don't "appreciate" by any definition in economics. They are, however, subject to changes in the political climate. "Panic" isn't the same thing.

That said, the guns most likely to be targeted by impending legislation will be the guns that give the best return on investment. Oh how I wish I had bought that M60 at National Gun Day in Louisville in 1985 for $3,500.

Latest posts

Top Bottom