Who is responsible for the power outage damage?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This dude's half dead tree is causing the outage for 197 customers. Is he liable?

Oh, that pic is from this morning. Not even touched.

1687263531349.png

1687263542170.png

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Liable, no. Act of nature. Utility company will chop it off utility line.
If that tree fell on a car and killed someone, there is no liability? That tree should have been maintained and as can be seen, it has not.

I had a tree about that size next to the road and I cut it down because I didn't want it falling on the power lines or a passing vehicle. Since it was on a right of way, I called the county and they wouldn't return my calls. I took some responsibility and dealt with it. People just don't give a xxxx.

That tree above is on the guys property and probably not on a ROW.

Last edited:

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That’s a bummer. Sorry to hear about that @SlugSlinger and just as things are really starting to heat up. Do you guys have a generator?
Yeah, we are good for now. We have a natural gas generator that’s been running since the storm. The folks around me have portable generators and talking to my neighbor last night, there is no gasoline available in the area.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This discussing goes along with a burglar breaking into a house, getting hurt, and trying to sue the homeowner. :rollingla

How does a tree falling due to act of nature become the homeowner’s fault?:scratch:
What is reasonable maintenance for a home owner? If your tree fell on your neighbor’s house who would be responsible? Nature?

This act of nature language is related to insurance policies. Not liability due to the lack of maintenance.

Latest posts

Top Bottom