Why all the Taurus hate?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billet93

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have owned or still own PT111 Mil Pro, PT140, PT745, PT709 slim, 24/7 9mm Mil Pro and have fired hundreds of rounds through all of them without a single malfunction. Maybe I'm an exception to the rule, but I've had really good luck and enjoy or enjoyed all of them. Only issue I've had is just last week the slide catch on the 745 started to malfunction and doesnt catch the mag, so I'll have first go round with their customer service to see how well that goes. I'm a fan overall and think they are definitely a bargain buy on a quality pistol.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The older Taurus and Rossi revolvers used to be decent...now they are made cheaply and break frequently.
I mean aside from the fact that they are a mass produced product without adequate QC, most of their designs are unappealing to me in many ways.
Like so many other things....they tend to market a would be 'bang-for-the-buck' product that really just offers many half-assed features and few (if any) solid quality ones.
Their 1911 offerings are a prime example...

Kid Glock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My opinion is based on limited experience, that wasn't good and I haven't tried one since nor do I intend to but to those that have, that's great. I'm sure they're some good ones out there.
It's been a while since I had a table at a gun show but it seemed like more folks had a taurus (more autos than rev) they wanted to sell or trade than any other brand. More times than not, when I asked why they wanted rid of it, there was nothing wrong they just wanted something else. I think price plays a big part, especially to first-time buyers. There's a market for less expensive guns and taurus fills a niche.
The price would have to be really good for me to be interested though.

YakBasser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been depending on a PT-145 for the last 4yrs and the trigger is perfect for me. Action is smooth, perfect carry size for me and has never failed me once. Very Accurate and its suprised several non-believers at the range. With 21rds of JHP in a small carry package.....works for Me. :cannon:

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's a market for less expensive guns and taurus fills a niche.

Right.
My problem is tho'...like I said...they try to cram so many features into an entry level price range rather than simply producing a bare bones model that is solid & reliable.
It's just marketing to prey on newbie ignorance a lot of the time...

458 SOCOM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will never own another taurus weapon. I had a PT140 and the firing pin broke while I was was at the range one day. At that time I only had approx 1000 rounds through it.

I am a dedicated Kimber fan now.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will never own another taurus weapon. I had a PT140 and the firing pin broke while I was was at the range one day. At that time I only had approx 1000 rounds through it.

I am a dedicated Kimber fan now.

I guess that's ok, except I could buy that Taurus three times over (at a minimum) for the price of a Kimber. ;)

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess that's ok, except I could buy that Taurus three times over (at a minimum) for the price of a Kimber. ;)
and enogh ammo to go shootin...Ive owned 4 pt140,1911ss,85ul, and 856ss....not enogh problems to make a mention.
and Ive heard of the same problems with the kimbers...I would have one, but not for now.

gsarg

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Taurus gives you crappy triggers, sights, grips, etc. By the time you fix those, you're in the same $ as a quality firearm. Yep, I said it

Latest posts

Top Bottom