Why we gotta have this forum-on-forum hate?: Thread about okshooters on opencarry.org

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To understand ego you really need to understand the human mind. Sometimes Open Carry might be a good thing for your ego. I think though it might be best practiced in private, in front of a mirror, totally naked. Ask yourself this, "What would Sigmund Freud do?". Would he stroke his ego in public or private?

http://www.iep.utm.edu/freud/

So you think of your firearm as your penis? No wonder you keep it covered.

JDPrice

New to the site!
Reaction score
I'm new to this forum let there be no doubt about my masculinity, however when carrying I sometimes go both ways.....lol, my body type is not conducive to concealed, I'm kind of on the thin side, when its hot there is literally nowhere except around my ankle to "hide" it and the sweat eats on the finish (probably should buy a stainless model) but when The weather cools down it will be back under my jacket. I am just glad it's no longer a crime if said weapon is visible or merely printed.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you want me to ddos them into the stone age?

No. Absolutely not. If anyone claims to do something like that on behalf of OSA, I will gladly contribute personally to their prosecution.

I keep track of these and similar threads on other forums. What I really love is when someone says somewhere that OSA is offline when my internal monitoring, external monitoring, and Pingdom (which loads an actual test script rather than just pinging) all say its up and people are posting. I can't control when their ISP or someone midstream breaks.

I really loved the recent "fix your ****" email when someone new couldn't activate their account because vBulletin had a glitch that treated their account as both activated and not activated.

That's not the first post over there that takes the opinion of a very small minority and paints everyone here with that brush.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with JDPrice. Open carry gives me a compromise. I can carry a real gun that bulges a little.
If people are observant, which they usually aren't, they might look at me from a certain angle and guess:

A) That little old man is wearing a colostomy bag
B) That little old man is carrying a gun
C) That little old man is glad to see me

It keeps them guessing, and it gives me a tactical advantage.

doorgunner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dear god, this topic, AGAIN! Jesus, let it die already. Some people choose to OC, others don't, most don't care either way, just let it die. And yes, people on here are opinionated, well, surprise, IT'S A DISCUSSION FORUM! Just because some guy says that your a freaking idiot and have a small penis if you don't own a glock, drive a white Chevy, hunt with an 870, pet a Labrador, and to top it all off, you OC; just chalk it up to that guy being an idiot and carry on.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Only open carry I have seen is at the Walmart in mustang. People of Walmart be packin some heat. I only care that it protects me from accidental exposure. I won't get in trouble if someone spots me goodies. I like seeing the guy with the XD swinging in the uncle mikes, makes me giggle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom