Wife is ready.......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glad to hear she interested. :thumbup3:

Like BB said, getting her in a real training class would be a good idea.

I also agree with having her learn from someone else. It's not personal, but she may subconsciously feel that there is competition between you even when there's not. That is a normal feeling when being taught by somebody who is family or close friends. Especially between spouses. With an outside instructor, she can relax and focus on learning. This is something she needs to feel comfortable with and that she's doing it for herself, and not under someone's shadow.
<snip>

I agree, but be careful because she may start out shooting you. Ask me how I know.:sweat:

SoonerDVM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's the one thing I would strongly suggest:

Way too many people, including people who should know better, want to get a really small gun for a woman because "she's a woman, she has small hands, she can't handle something bigger."

My first gun was a little 9 mm keltec style gun and it kicks hard and actually hurts my hands. But my dad thought that since I'm a woman I needed a smaller gun (and for those who haven't met me, I am NOT a dainty little thing). When I upgraded to a g19, it was a whole new world. In comparison, it practically doesn't kick at all. It's a bigger gun, but I'm MUCH more comfortable with it.

BTW - he did the same thing with my mom and got her a gun she really can't handle. I've been trying to talk her into a glock.

Get her a bigger gun. One that she can still hold comfortably and conceal, but one that will absorb as much of the recoil as possible.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score

Way too many people, including people who should know better, want to get a really small gun for a woman because "she's a woman, she has small hands, she can't handle something bigger."

My first gun was a little 9 mm keltec style gun and it kicks hard and actually hurts my hands. But my dad thought that since I'm a woman I needed a smaller gun (and for those who haven't met me, I am NOT a dainty little thing). When I upgraded to a g19, it was a whole new world. In comparison, it practically doesn't kick at all. It's a bigger gun, but I'm MUCH more comfortable with it.

BTW - he did the same thing with my mom and got her a gun she really can't handle. I've been trying to talk her into a glock.

Get her a bigger gun. One that she can still hold comfortably and conceal, but one that will absorb as much of the recoil as possible.

A-freaking-men!!!

Do NOT start with a teeny little gun! Let me tell you, nothing is more frustrating as a beginner than never being able to hit what you are aiming at. And a lot of those little guns are HARD to shoot accurately, even for an experienced shooter.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

A-freaking-men!!!

Do NOT start with a teeny little gun! Let me tell you, nothing is more frustrating as a beginner than never being able to hit what you are aiming at. And a lot of those little guns are HARD to shoot accurately, even for an experienced shooter.

Lord, can I get a Hallelujah!!

:thanku:

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well after seeing the story of the intruder in the home here in Midwest city she has decided to get a ccw, as well as myself too.

as for me I shoot every week or more , the wife on the other hand has never fired a gun in her life

(all she knows is she want a pink one)

so any ideas on where to take the class and should I take her shooting first or get her with someone to teach her, she says I make her nervous

thanks

Dont know your location in OKC, but I know that there will be many women taking the CCL class at Savage on the 9th. Class is taught by one of our forum members, ExSniper.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My first gun was(is) a Ruger Security Six, 6" barrel, and the wife finds it easier to shoot and hold on to than her S&W .32 H&R Mag Airweight. (The only thing she likes better than either of those is her Mares Leg in 44-40. If it wasn't for the Oklahoma law limiting the length of CCWs, she'd carry it instead of her S&W Airweight. So, it isn't about little guns for little hands. It's about handling recoil more than anything.

Woody

Latest posts

Top Bottom