Wire Spool

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife is wanting to use an old wood wire spool for a table on the porch, anyone got one laying around they don't want? Anyone used one for that before? Looking for some ideas to make it look nice besides just sitting it there. Any certain kind I should be looking for?

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some electrical supplies will have them.
Take broken tile and make a cool pattern on the top of it to bring up the cool factor.
You can bend rebar around the outside edge and use large fence staples to secure it for more cool factor.

You can get hot rolled and cold rolled rebar I think is the terms for rebar.
I do know we ended up with some that would dent the bolt cutters and not mark the rebar at all. Could cut most of the other stuff pretty easy.

You could also use rope around the edge instead of rebar... and wrap rope around the core.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My wife is wanting to use an old wood wire spool for a table on the porch, anyone got one laying around they don't want? Anyone used one for that before? Looking for some ideas to make it look nice besides just sitting it there. Any certain kind I should be looking for?
Had one in my dorm room, made a great card/drinking table. Sanded it down, charred with propane torch, and polyurethaned. Looked pretty decent

Powerman620

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Made a clock for patio out of one.

Attachments

• IMG_0538.JPG
    IMG_0538.JPG
    100 KB · Views: 94

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Have several around the pool area. They are pretty neat painted then tile on top. Their design does lend themselves to "things" getting into them. Wasp things, bee things, bug things, etc....

Latest posts

Top Bottom