Witnessed open carry at the Lowes in Yukon.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Protecting her children from what?

What ever they think may harm their kids. You and I are not necessarily supposed to be able to understand these soccer moms. Just understand that when they go into protection mode they can be a serious foe. And they are known to also go into group support mode. They'll covey with other soccer moms for support.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What ever they think may harm their kids. You and I are not necessarily supposed to be able to understand these soccer moms. Just understand that when they go into protection mode they can be a serious foe. And they are known to also go into group support mode. They'll covey with other soccer moms for support.

...and apparently with some little tin-pot dictator posing as an "HOA President" and his fan-boys.

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This argument about whether or not OC is stupid or dangerous is getting really boring. I could care less what the opinions of a bunch of people who have never been in a force on force scenario think about what I should or should not do to protect myself and my loved ones. Doesn't bother me one way or the other if another chooses to OC/CC or not carry at all.

I choose to carry always (When legal to do so) because it's my RIGHT. How I do it is my choice. How you do it is between you and your significant other. As for proof and statistics, as soon as you know the desired outcome you can crunch the numbers to support it. I see it all the time in different aspects of my life beyond force on force confrontation and crime stats. Check out any of the pro/con gun stats and you find what you need to support your position. Rules of engagement are perfect until the engagement starts then it all falls apart as if someone was fighting for their life and didn't really care about the rules.

Be happy there are those that are willing to stand up for their (and your) rights regardless of how they choose to do so.

Y'all be careful out there!

BikerHT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
bs.jpg

Mike_60

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I'll OC my green Glock 23 this weekend to Walmart so I can intimidate and disgust some sheeple. Maybe, I might even go with my wife over to one of them women stores so I can watch all of the moms and children run in fear of me. For an even better effect, I think I'll wear a pair of camo pants and not shave for a couple days ahead of time...that should really work!

ShurShot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This argument about whether or not OC is stupid or dangerous is getting really boring. I could care less what the opinions of a bunch of people who have never been in a force on force scenario think about what I should or should not do to protect myself and my loved ones. Doesn't bother me one way or the other if another chooses to OC/CC or not carry at all.

I choose to carry always (When legal to do so) because it's my RIGHT. How I do it is my choice. How you do it is between you and your significant other. As for proof and statistics, as soon as you know the desired outcome you can crunch the numbers to support it. I see it all the time in different aspects of my life beyond force on force confrontation and crime stats. Check out any of the pro/con gun stats and you find what you need to support your position. Rules of engagement are perfect until the engagement starts then it all falls apart as if someone was fighting for their life and didn't really care about the rules.

Be happy there are those that are willing to stand up for their (and your) rights regardless of how they choose to do so.

Y'all be careful out there!

I pretty much agree with this.

I would just point out:

1. Federal Air Marshals conceal themselves and their fire arms for a reason. As well as undercover cops, CIA/FBI agents, this could go on forever...
2. The advantage in most military scenarios goes to the one who possesses the best concealment and ability to strike outside the opponents range. Just google 'stealth' or 'military camo' if this concept is new to you!
3. Billions of dollars are spent every year hiding from animals who are just walking/flying through the woods, over ponds, etc... We don't wear pink and big silver shiny guns in the duck blind!
4. I've seen The Patriot so I know the Americans defeated the British by concealing themselves and using the element of surprise to attack.
5. I've seen The Unforgiven so I know that the guys with guns get shot first unless you make the mistake of decorating your saloon with the BG's friend.
6. Sun Tzu repeatedly stresses the value of ‘bluff’, ‘deception’ and ‘surprise’ in his treatise.
-All warfare is based on deception.
-Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.

Police in uniform with firearms exposed , military scattered all over the world, etc... are meant to be a show of force to act as a deterrent. That works in a lot of cases and someone OCing will have the same effect. So there is a valid reason for OC imho.

However, because I can, I like my shiny 1911 and want to show it off, I want to prove to everyone that it is not dangerous, it's my 2nd amendment right and by god I'm gonna do it are all ego strokes. That's ok, I like strokin' my ego too (I have a big truck), but let's at least be honest about it!

I can fart and walk around in public with my fat roll hangin' out if I choose but It's not necessary and I try not to be offensive to others (except in internet forums) so I don't.

I figure I am safe at my HOA meetings and I know there a a few people in there who are sensitive to guns so I leave it in the truck or slip it in my pocket. We haven't had any shootouts over cookies and lemonade... so far so good.

I'm cool with open carry, do it in certain circumstances and like to see people doing it but I don't feel the need at Walmart so I just slip it under my shirt or jacket and I am satisfied.

The one and only reason I carry is to protect me and my family and to be able to shoot my way to safety if I end up in a precarious situation. I'm not critical of what you guys or anyone else does but you'll never convince me that if a shoot out breaks out having my firearm open and visible is better than having it concealed!

Last edited by a moderator:

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Our homeowners assoc had a meeting last fall for families in the neighborhood to discuss organizing in a more formal way. 2 homeowners showed up open carrying. Some parents expressed to me and a friend they feared for their children and family being there with those 2 present. They left. We had a law enforcement officer present and a firefighter. Many CC people find such actions as these 2 displayed as disgusting and without merit. The president of the association told me any future meetings would carry a notification that open carry firearms are not to be present.

I'm glad common sense and sensibility obviously don't exist in you're subdivision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Like most things OC is a matter of opinion. That opinion has been well covered in the last 5-6 pages. While I don't agree with it vs my CC it is now a right. That is important in a country where we seem to be losing them by the day. Respect for others is an important element in my core values. This is my last post on this thread. I wish all who have participated the very best. Lets all shoot our firearms this weekend and enjoy that while we can! Peace. :patriot:

Oh and I am not the HO President!!! Old farts don't have time for that.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I pretty much agree with this.

I would just point out:

1. Federal Air Marshals conceal themselves and their fire arms for a reason. As well as undercover cops, CIA/FBI agents, this could go on forever...
2. The advantage in most military scenarios goes to the one who possesses the best concealment and ability to strike outside the opponents range. Just google 'stealth' or 'military camo' if this concept is new to you!
3. Billions of dollars are spent every year hiding from animals who are just walking/flying through the woods, over ponds, etc... We don't wear pink and big silver shiny guns in the duck blind!
4. I've seen The Patriot so I know the Americans defeated the British by concealing themselves and using the element of surprise to attack.
5. I've seen The Unforgiven so I know that the guys with guns get shot first unless you make the mistake of decorating your saloon with the BG's friend.
6. Sun Tzu repeatedly stresses the value of ‘bluff’, ‘deception’ and ‘surprise’ in his treatise.
-All warfare is based on deception.
-Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.

Police in uniform with firearms exposed , military scattered all over the world, etc... are meant to be a show of force to act as a deterrent. That works in a lot of cases and someone OCing will have the same effect. So there is a valid reason for OC imho.

However, because I can, I like my shiny 1911 and want to show it off, I want to prove to everyone that it is not dangerous, it's my 2nd amendment right and by god I'm gonna do it are all ego strokes. That's ok, I like strokin' my ego too (I have a big truck), but let's at least be honest about it!

I can fart and walk around in public with my fat roll hangin' out if I choose but It's not necessary and I try not to be offensive to others (except in internet forums) so I don't.

I figure I am safe at my HOA meetings and I know there a a few people in there who are sensitive to guns so I leave it in the truck or slip it in my pocket. We haven't had any shootouts over cookies and lemonade... so far so good.

I'm cool with open carry, do it in certain circumstances and like to see people doing it but I don't feel the need at Walmart so I just slip it under my shirt or jacket and I am satisfied.

The one and only reason I carry is to protect me and my family and to be able to shoot my way to safety if I end up in a precarious situation. I'm not critical of what you guys or anyone else does but you'll never convince me that if a shoot out breaks out having my firearm open and visible is better than having it concealed!

Best post yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Top Bottom