World's largest Wendy's franchise owner stands with Chick-fil-a after controversy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think Americans in general love getting their panties in a bunch. I'm also surprised at all the
bloody rare steak eating manly men of OSA are squabbling like school girls over a non-issue.

justshootin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anyone know what religion it is that holds the Sunday thing so dear?
Not only do they not work on Sunday, they don't expect/make others work on Sunday as well.
Not all religions hold some things so dearly

That being said.

NUKE THE UNBORN GAY WHALES FOR JESUS.
There's some free speech fer ya.
Worth exactly what ya paid fer it too

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You did notice that all the news was about what he said until after news of the CFA day began to spread didn't you?

Actually the news began to spread several months ago when donation from him were tracked to groups that work to oppose equal marriage. I've been casually following this since then. People went ape chit when Cathy was asked if he knew about this, and he confirmed.

His position is surely no surprise to anyone. The speech itself is not surprising. But the revelation he is actively funding it is what has people up in arms. It's funding hateful discrimination. Plain and simple.

Certain anti-religion groups have been dogging on CFA for ages, i guess they finally found something that could make the MSM.

This. It's the funding and the admission from Cathy that he supports his money going to this cause.

pokefun

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is his money, who gives a flip how he spends it. If ya got a problem with it, don't friggin give it to him. Americans as a whole have become a bunch of Whiny, panty waste, nanny state wusses looking for some other soap box issue to cry about. Nobody is allowed an opinion because it might hurt somebody's feelings.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is his money, who gives a flip how he spends it. If ya got a problem with it, don't friggin give it to him. Americans as a whole have become a bunch of Whiny, panty waste, nanny state wusses looking for some other soap box issue to cry about. Nobody is allowed an opinion because it might hurt somebody's feelings.

You just hurt my feelings with your insinsitive response. Shame on you!

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I gotcha, but I am getting the very distinct impression that many of the people lining up want to say its about free speech when it really is about "those silly gays". A lot of people really seem to be obsessed with the gays, man - and that is pretty unhealthy.

You could also make the comment that the gays are obsessed with themselves and their specialness.

How about a free-market solution: Someone could open a Fil-a-McGhey and all the free speech haters could eat there?

Do you really think anyone will care by Monday?

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually the news began to spread several months ago when donation from him were tracked to groups that work to oppose equal marriage. I've been casually following this since then. People went ape chit when Cathy was asked if he knew about this, and he confirmed.

His position is surely no surprise to anyone. The speech itself is not surprising. But the revelation he is actively funding it is what has people up in arms. It's funding hateful discrimination. Plain and simple.

This. It's the funding and the admission from Cathy that he supports his money going to this cause.

It's his money. I suppose he is free to use it however he likes. Discrimination? Really? Can you just look at a gay person and tell they are gay? If a person declares they are gay, is that enough to attain protected status?

This entire line of non reasoning is amazingly illogical. I understand, to an extent, anti-discrimination laws on conditions that are beyond the control of people, but sexual proclivities are a choice. This illogic ends in everyone attaining protected demographic status, and in the worst cases you can imagine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom