Would you sell?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tough call…. I don’t think you can go wrong either way. $21k is high for that truck IMO and I’d say you be doing good taking it. But on the other hand, that’s the Golden Era of Toyota and they ain’t making anymore of them! Can’t go wrong keeping it either

I’m a 1996-2006 Toyota fanatic. It’s all I’ve driven for the last 15 years. I’ve had a couple 1st gen tundras. As well as 4Runners/tacomas/sequoias/etc. Also my wifes family all drives older Toyotas too. I’ve been around a ton of them.

The 2004-2006 tundras and sequoias got better ball joints. They still need to be replaced every 100k… but the majority of the wheel falling off going down the road stuff is on the 2000-2003 tundras

The 2005-2006 also got about 35 more HP out of the 4.7 with variable valve timing, better 5spd auto trans, and the TRD 4x4s often had a limited slip differential. Good trucks! My brother in law has a 2006 TRD 4x4 like yours with 280k on it, still daily driving and still runs great

Personally, I prefer the 2000-2003 access cab over the bigger double cab. So I’d sell it lol

The Truck has some add ons. Solar, Dual Batteries both charged by truck and Solar, power Inverter, front/rear receiver hitchs ,front/rear electric le winch capabilities, Bilstein Suspension System lifted and leveled it out, Line X bed, Chromoly Axles, $400 Carhartt fr/rear Seat Covers, Weatherguard floor mats and more. Just did brakes all the way around, timing belt, water pump, hoses, belts, filters and all new fluids in axles diffs, transfer case etc.

And according to the guy that offered to buy it the 1st gens blows the new ones away on fuel econo. I have no use for it anymore, but it is hard to get rid of it.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Truck has some add ons. Solar, Dual Batteries both charged by truck and Solar, power Inverter, front/rear receiver hitchs ,front/rear electric le winch capabilities, Bilstein Suspension System lifted and leveled it out, Line X bed, Chromoly Axles, $400 Carhartt fr/rear Seat Covers, Weatherguard floor mats and more. Just did brakes all the way around, timing belt, water pump, hoses, belts, filters and all new fluids in axles diffs, transfer case etc.

And according to the guy that offered to buy it the 1st gens blows the new ones away on fuel econo. I have no use for it anymore, but it is hard to get rid of it.
Man, it sounds like you’ve done a lot to it.

That always make it harder for me to let them go… the more work/set-up/personalization been done the more it hurts to sell

I’ve heard that the newer ones do poorly on mpg too

So you say you’ve got no use for it, but how bad do you want or need that $21k? If the money isn’t a big deal then I’d say just keep it man. Start it up and drive it once a month to keep her fresh and just hold

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m kind of in this same boat with my little single cab short bed Chevy. I like the truck and hate to sell it, but I really don’t need three trucks sitting here. :anyone:
IMG_0106.jpeg

fishincoop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are ball joints now for them that correct that issue. But yes I am anal about maintenance on anything I own. Being that way saves a Family a lot of money. I did new stronger axle shafts and front end at 85k miles. Gave @swampratt the front Springs out from under it, and I think the axles and factory shocks. I put a full Bilstein Suspension under it.

Could you comment on how your tundra rode with the Bilstein suspension ? My 07 suspension is getting tired.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Could you comment on how your tundra rode with the Bilstein suspension ? My 07 suspension is getting tired.

I wanted taller tires, and have used Bilstein products on all my Jeeps and heavy Diesel 3/4 and 1 ton trucks so have a long satisfying history with them.

The fronts are adjustable allowing for leveling as well as lifting it to stop interference in the front larger tires. Week after I installed it we took off for Colorado and it rides amazing on and off road. And no rubbing with 33” tires. We took it over several of the passes and it was a lot better than the factory.

Two weeks back I was ordering a new set of Firestone Air Bags for the rear, and found a buy on a Dodge 1 ton Diesel and did not order them. I met a gent in Montana couple years back with similar truck, he had done the Bilstein system and Firestone Air Bags and loved it.

Even the wife could tell the Truck was better after I installed it.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was getting gas yesterday in my 2006 Toyota Tundra 4x4 4 door SR5 with 101k miles, all stock except for a Bilstein Suspension System. Photo below.

A gent came over and started asking about it and asked if I would consider selling it, he seemed to know about the Tundra line of Trucks, knew it was a 1st gen and had owned one like it in the extended cab, not 4 full doors.

He offered me $21k for it, was serious and stated if I met him at his Bank, which is my Bank as well he would buy it.

Told him I would ponder on it. It would cost well north of twice the offer to replace it, but I would not need to replace it. I have other trucks and such.

Would you sell?

View attachment 428082View attachment 428083
This is crazy, I have had the same thing happen. While getting my 2010 Wrangler serviced at a dealer I walked over and looked at a new Wrangler! When I woke up from fainting after seeing the sticker price, $92,000.00, it had a lot more stuff on it than mine, I stopped on the way home and bought stuff to detail the old Wrangler!

Latest posts

Top Bottom