Wow! That was quick!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is it just me? Or has July shot past us in a hurry? :ugh2:

Seems like just yesterday it was Independence Day and now here it is almost August! :ooh2:

I reckon we can chalk it up as yet another sign of old age settlin' in. :grumble:

Sorry man, not for me.........it's been the longest, hottest, most miserable July I can remember.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As we grow older we do not grow any younger.

That's deep, deep stuff sir.

I don't think age has anything to do with it. If a couple months of the sun doing its best to kill us flies by to you, I still say you're insane. Grandma has more than 30 years on your young ass and she'd agree with me. You being a desert dweller has obviously warped your perspective. We're not used to green things being brown up this way.

As for the weather, I reserve the right to cuss it when the wells are frozen and so is my own poor self. If some guy says "a storm is coming, the worse the better, I love to drive around in it." I might just snatch him ballheaded.

Smartass. After what you guys have ridden out down there, I'd assume you'd be happy just to have enough water to make ice come winter.

I was referring to the Tulsa yuppies who ***** about it being cold, or have a $350,000 house and no way to keep it above 45 degrees if they lose power for a couple days. I still say the worse the better. It's Oklahoma. Our worst winter is child's play, but our worst summers are inhumane. Snatch me ballheaded.

Grandpa died 10 years ago this June, and he bitched about the Summer of 1936 until his last days. Never heard him complain about the cold.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ballheaded I'll snatch you. Hope and pray we never meet.

Uhhhh-huhuhuhu, uhhh-huhuhu, uhhh-huhuhu...he said snatch!

auploads.neatorama.com_wp_content_uploads_2010_07_Beavis_and_Butt_head_400x300.gif

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Grandpa would tell stories of having to walk through the snow to a neighboring farm as a kid to get milk and the milk being frozen solid by the time he got back with it.
That and how cold it was in the back of a C-47 over Europe in the winter.
That and delivering a rural mail route for several decades regardless of snow and ice. (He loved driving in it too. Stationwagons, chains and studded snow tires.)
Nearly freezing on hunting trips to the mountains with lousy gear.

He told those as if they were happy times. Like it was fun.

He talked about the Summer of 1936 as if it was hell on earth. I can't imagine working outside all day, drinking hot water, eating dust, no fancy showers, and then having to try and sleep. Outside on the porch of course. What is "conditioned air"? He said they pretty much just tossed and turned all night, lucky to drift off for a few minutes at a time before waking up drenched in sweat. Morning comes and back to eating dust. They thought it would never end.

We may have A/C now, but 106 is still worse than 16.

Latest posts

Top Bottom