Wow!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some interesting info.

If they repealed the entire Bush tax cuts and not just those for the rich it would raise about $66 billion a year, the deficit for Oct alone was $120 billion.

This is an astonishing fact: the amount spent on federal welfare programs last year was enough to mail a $60,000 check to every one of the 17 million households living beneath the poverty line. And that doesn’t include spending by state and local governments, which traditionally have had primary responsibility for welfare, or spending by private charities. Welfare is now the largest item in the federal budget.

T34r1tUp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
its still not enuf. we ignant folk deserve mo. we deserve to have our hoods rebuilt. my big brotha ( obama ) should fix our roads, an ruff our houses all while i sit on the porch all day and drink beer.

j-dubb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rick do you have a link to the website or the article where you found that information? I would like to read all that for myself, I know where in trouble, but I didn't know we were in that much trouble. DamnNNNnnnnnNNnnNnNNNnnn!!!!

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rick do you have a link to the website or the article where you found that information? I would like to read all that for myself, I know where in trouble, but I didn't know we were in that much trouble. DamnNNNnnnnnNNnnNnNNNnnn!!!!

The info came from a few sites, but I will see if I can find one with it all together.

EDIT: Here you go. Least number of links I can find with the info.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/11/13/us-government-runs-120-billion-october-deficit/

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2012/11/its-time-to-let-the-bush-era-tax-rates-expire.php

You can find most of the above info at Yahoo News and The Examiner too but you have to read some pretty long pieces of spin to get the meat.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2012/11/the-federal-welfare-explosion.php

carlstretch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some interesting info.

If they repealed the entire Bush tax cuts and not just those for the rich it would raise about $66 billion a year, the deficit for Oct alone was $120 billion.

This is an astonishing fact: the amount spent on federal welfare programs last year was enough to mail a $60,000 check to every one of the 17 million households living beneath the poverty line. And that doesn’t include spending by state and local governments, which traditionally have had primary responsibility for welfare, or spending by private charities. Welfare is now the largest item in the federal budget.

The Defense budget is by far the largest part of the Federal budget. I'm against welfare as much as anyone,.. but it doesn't hold a candle to Big D.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Defense budget is by far the largest part of the Federal budget. I'm against welfare as much as anyone,.. but it doesn't hold a candle to Big D.

Wrong. Unless you mean "Social Security" instead of "Big D".

The traditional entitlements account for over 50% of the federal budget. Here's looking at you, social security, medicare/medicaid, and welfare.

From 2011:
[Broken External Image]

Latest posts

Top Bottom