Ya Know Ya Live in the Country When...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
to each their own but i would think a downward arch would be better that leaning out your front door and destroying someone elses way of living

Let's say the fellow across the fence is raising rough stock for the rodeo and you have beef cattle. If he can't keep his bull off your place he's destroying your way of living.
Understand?

RWS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kenwood Indian reserve.... open range.

is there an actual reservation? or open range?

i wasn't aware that either existed. i am aware of the spavinaw game refuge, and the cherokee nation pasture land that is leased out to the highest bidder, but haven't heard of an actual reservation or any open range.

the owners are responsible for their livestock unless you truly live on open range res land. then you would be responsible for keeping them out. if you live on private property, the owner is responsible. report em to the sheriff. but either way, selling someone elses cattle is larceny, possibly grand larceny, and Mr. John Cummins, special ranger for the Texas and Southwestern Cattle Raisers Assoc. will send you to Big Mac for it.

and in general, shooting cattle with birdshot is not a good idea, even if they are going to the sale barn. most cattle over a year old will go straight to slaughter. tox reports will be taken and the producer may be fined for anything contaminating the meat (ie. meds etc.)

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
is there an actual reservation? or open range?

i wasn't aware that either existed. i am aware of the spavinaw game refuge, and the cherokee nation pasture land that is leased out to the highest bidder, but haven't heard of an actual reservation or any open range.

and yes, selling someone elses cattle is larceny, possibly grand larceny, and Mr. John Cummins, special ranger for the Texas and Southwestern Cattle Raisers Assoc. will make sure you see the inside of Big Mac for it.

Yuppers. The Kenwood Indian reserve is right in between Kenwood, Leach, Little Kansas, Colcord, (here it is - http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&lat=36.303266&lon=-94.891743&zoom=13&q1=leach, oklahoma). It's all Indian land, they lease a lot of it out, but not all.

RWS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
cool. didnt know that. i've known several people who leased parts of that bull holler country at various times, but didnt know it was actually a reserve.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
cool. didnt know that. i've known several people who leased parts of that bull holler country at various times, but didnt know it was actually a reserve.

I live in the Bull Hollow area and love how secluded it is. The wildlife out here is incredible! Deer and turkey are pretty thick and the coyotes really need thinned out something terrible.

They lease out only certain parts of the reserve, with the majority of it still be completely "open". A lot of the acreage that's currently leased will be released after this year and be back up for grabs. From my understanding, the parts that ARE leased, are very inexpensive.

RWS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yea, its leased by auction every so often and its pretty steep. usually brings alot more than good grass can be leased for other places. dont know why.

870WingBlaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the OP, you know your living in the country when a coyote wants to attack your dogs in the yard. .22-250 45 gr HP puts an end to the situation.

How close of a shot was that????

I wouldn't have thought that the damage would have been that severe.

Latest posts

Top Bottom