Yield Signs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are not stop signs! Everyday I'm almost ran over because someone in front of me has stopped at yield sign. A highway on ramp is to increase speed matching that of current highway traffic conditions. :pissed::rant:

marvinvwinkle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe they shouldn't put the sign on the on ramp. I have had too slow down because there was no room to merge into traffic. I always try to move over when I see merging traffic, but most don't.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's the opposite around my place, people pretend like yield signs aren't there. They also pretend like stop signs aren't there... even when their stop sign is to protect them from 55mph traffic exiting the interstate...
Can't tell you how many times I've almost t-boned someone

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are not stop signs! Everyday I'm almost ran over because someone in front of me has stopped at yield sign. A highway on ramp is to increase speed matching that of current highway traffic conditions. :pissed::rant:

I suggest you go back to basic traffic school cause it's pretty obvious that you have ZERO clue as to what YIELD means!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yield_sign

In road transport, a YIELD (Canada, Ireland, and the United States) or GIVE WAY (Hong Kong and most Commonwealth countries) traffic sign indicates that a vehicle driver must prepare to stop if necessary to let a driver on another approach proceed (but has no need to stop if his way is clear). A driver who stops has yielded his right of way to another. In contrast, a stop sign always requires a complete stop.

Sounds like you are a rear end collision just waiting to happen!!

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I suggest you go back to basic traffic school cause it's pretty obvious that you have ZERO clue as to what YIELD means!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yield_sign

In road transport, a YIELD (Canada, Ireland, and the United States) or GIVE WAY (Hong Kong and most Commonwealth countries) traffic sign indicates that a vehicle driver must prepare to stop if necessary to let a driver on another approach proceed (but has no need to stop if his way is clear). A driver who stops has yielded his right of way to another. In contrast, a stop sign always requires a complete stop.

Sounds like you are a rear end collision just waiting to happen!!

I've seen first hand what he's talking about. Some drivers treat a yield sign the same as a stop, and do so, even when traffic is clear and does not warrant stopping. It's worst at the I-240/I-35 interchange.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've seen first hand what he's talking about. Some drivers treat a yield sign the same as a stop, and do so, even when traffic is clear and does not warrant stopping. It's worst at the I-240/I-35 interchange.

Yes, this. The roadway could be almost empty and still get a stopper. I've even experienced a few who slowly pull into traffic then stop in the lane. I thought for sure I was getting hit.

You must be a stopper regardless of road conditions. I am fully aware of the term 'Yield', and as I stated "increase speed matching that of current highway traffic conditions.". If you have to stop then stop. If you don't have to stop then don't.

NavyCop

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score

:w000t: YAY! I'm not the only person in Oklahoma who realizes this!! I feel so alone everytime i get on the highway at 30 mph. Its like everyone skipped that day of drivers ed but me. That and the yellow speed limit signs on off ramps are a suggestion not law. Some engineer got out there and picked that speed based on grade, and concrete strength etc. to maximum the life of the ramp. You also really dont need to slow down to off ramp speed 1/4 mile before you even get to the ramp.

Latest posts

Top Bottom