It's all over but the crying...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As of May 20 the wonderful ATF will publish its new 400 plus page rule on what constitutes a dealer. Basically if you sell a gun your a dealer and can be prosecuted even if the buyer gets a background check through an FFL. So my listings will be removed at the end of May 19 and I will sell no more guns. Thank you ATF...

If you think this is an exaggeration then research the new rule and you will find it is not. They've broadened the definition of a "dealer" to literally include any sale by anyone that doesn't possess an FFL. It won't matter even if you go through an FFL and your buyer gets a background check. You're still selling a gun and YOU"RE NOT A DEALER!

If you think the ATF won't go after a little nobody then tell that to Randy Weaver and the hundreds of little nobodies rotting in D.C. prisons just for attending a rally. What about their right to a speedy trial, some have been in jail for over 3 years without a trial.

The little guy is EXACTLY who they want to persecute and PROSECUTE. If you're interested in my listings look now cuz after the 19th their gone.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As of May 20 the wonderful ATF will publish its new 400 plus page rule on what constitutes a dealer. Basically if you sell a gun your a dealer and can be prosecuted even if the buyer gets a background check through an FFL. So my listings will be removed at the end of May 19 and I will sell no more guns. Thank you ATF...

If you think this is an exaggeration then research the new rule and you will find it is not. They've broadened the definition of a "dealer" to literally include any sale by anyone that doesn't possess an FFL. It won't matter even if you go through an FFL and your buyer gets a background check. You're still selling a gun and YOU"RE NOT A DEALER!

If you think the ATF won't go after a little nobody then tell that to Randy Weaver and the hundreds of little nobodies rotting in D.C. prisons just for attending a rally. What about their right to a speedy trial, some have been in jail for over 3 years without a trial.

The little guy is EXACTLY who they want to persecute and PROSECUTE. If you're interested in my listings look now cuz after the 19th their gone.

Did you actually read all 400 pages?

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty much an accurate representation from how I've seen this "rule" described on various YT attorney channels.

I do expect massive, and discrete, noncompliance.

I also expect numerous challenges/lawsuits to be filed the moment this takes affect. This is simply the Biden administration's way of getting thru "rule making" what they can't get thru legislation. No different than what Trump did with bump stocks.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Keep an eye on Texas v. ATF regarding GOA’s lawsuit to stop the ATF “engaged in the business” rule. Judge Kacsmaryk ordered the ATF to present its briefing on Tuesday, and GOA yesterday, regarding a motion to impose a temporary injunction against the ATF enforcing this rule. The judge is hearing oral arguments today, and a ruling likely will be issued before 5/20/2024 when the rule is supposed to go into effect. Judge Kacsmaryk is not letting the ATF get away with any shenanigans in this case, so it’ll be interesting to see what happens in the next day or two.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, if I sell grandpa’s old, busted up, single shot 12 ga to someone other than a dealer, I can go to prison for years?

But if I sell his old axe, wood chipper or truck, I don’t go to prison?

They’re all pieces of inanimate metal and can possibly maim or kill someone. Why do we “allow” such imposing regulations and restrictions on something that is a Right imparted by our Creator and so important as to be enumerated in part of the US Constitution via the Bill of Rights?

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Keep an eye on Texas v. ATF regarding GOA’s lawsuit to stop the ATF “engaged in the business” rule. Judge Kacsmaryk ordered the ATF to present its briefing on Tuesday, and GOA yesterday, regarding a motion to impose a temporary injunction against the ATF enforcing this rule. The judge is hearing oral arguments today, and a ruling likely will be issued before 5/20/2024 when the rule is supposed to go into effect. Judge Kacsmaryk is not letting the ATF get away with any shenanigans in this case, so it’ll be interesting to see what happens in the next day or two.
It doesn't matter what this judge does. They will just ignore it while on appeal. And if the appeal doesn't go their way, they tweak it a little tiny bit and just keep ignoring the courts. It's just what they do man...

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty much an accurate representation from how I've seen this "rule" described on various YT attorney channels.

I do expect massive, and discrete, noncompliance.

I also expect numerous challenges/lawsuits to be filed the moment this takes affect. This is simply the Biden administration's way of getting thru "rule making" what they can't get thru legislation. No different than what Trump did with bump stocks.
correct, dragged through court for years then if it's overturned a new regulation imposed the following month

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It doesn't matter what this judge does. They will just ignore it while on appeal. And if the appeal doesn't go their way, they tweak it a little tiny bit and just keep ignoring the courts. It's just what they do man...

They haven't done that with the frame or receiver rule. And the injunctions have gotten wider and wider in scope to protect more people. The ATF has taken their lumps lately in court. Doesn't mean they give a rat's ass overall, but the courts have stopped their overreach in some cases. And there are three (I think that's the number) pending 2A cases in front of SCOTUS. Right now it's our best shot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom