Sooner State Pawn Oklahoma Second Amendment Association 2A Shooting Center Harsh Firearms
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Patron
    Blog Entries

Default 300 Blackout Reloading

OK so I just got a reloading setup from another OSA'er and ordered my Hornady Die set and Lee Crimper for .300AAC Blackout, just waiting to get a few more things and I will begin to reload my own since it is still expensive for me to buy blackout ammo locally. I have 250+ rounds coming from another OSA'er and 1,000 brass that I am going to have him convert later.

So I figured we can start a Blackout Reload Thread and can put up our load data on here. So if anyone else is reloading blackout feel free to put your info up on here.

Patron
    Blog Entries

Default Re: 300 Blackout Reloading

No one? Pinkhamr I know you have to have some load data.

Well my dies get here tomorrow, my book gets here today (which I am going to read through before starting). Once the modded brass gets here I will be doing some test loads. There are only a few more things I need to be completely ready to load them and take them out (like a Chrony), and once I get that stuff I will put up the info and results.

I have 400 pieces of brass, dies, and several hundred .30 cal bullets from 110-220gr, powders and primers, and some reloading data. I have yet to buy an upper though, guess I got the cart before the horse! Will be buying one soon though.
    Quote Originally Posted by dennishoddy View Post
    Sounds like my anus after a food truck meal.

Patron
    Blog Entries

I picked up 1 pound of H110 powder, a box of 125gr Sierra ProHunter Spitzer, and 200 CCI small rifle primers. Going to do a basic load of all 100 to break the barrel in since it is brand new, after that I will be trying to dial the loads in, I will make sure to keep records of the different info as I go.

Patron
    Blog Entries

I loaded 35 rounds last night using the H110 and Sierra Bullets, I loaded them at 17.3-17.8 with a C.O.L. of 2.060" +/-.002

Taking them out to the range tomorrow, I will make sure to post how this round does, I wont be shooting for accuracy only to check functionality.

What are the specs on your upper?
    “...reality is always plural and mutable.”
    ― Robert Anton Wilson

“If life gives you lemons, f**k life.” - Sir John Michael

Hoplophobia

My feedback

Patron
    Blog Entries

16" CMMG 1:8 twist WASP coating.

Keep us informed, I need to find a good load for my AAC upper. You might check some of the info out here http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=10 Lots of 300 talk goes on.
    MY FeedBack http://www.okshooters.com/showthread.php?50423MY Feedback
    2015 Firefighter Line of Duty Deaths: 18

Patron
    Blog Entries

Will do. Just trying not to blow myself up this time around since I am new to reloading, it's a bit un nerving but I'm in between the min and max limits according to Sierra's load data.

Patron
    Blog Entries

Ok guys I went out today to test out the loadout that I stated above, it worked great every round went down range, every primer was hit perfect no signs of pressure anywhere on the cases. However I did have this issue here, the cases were denting at the mouth after firing does anyone have an idea of why this would happen? Here are some pics of the primers, and what the cases look like after firing.

Lastly here is the picture of the target at 25 yards (the PA scope has not been sighted in yet), I was laying prone supporting with my elbows. I think this is going to be a great loadout once I get a few things worked out and the scope sighted in.

looking good. the dents are probably from your brass deflector
    Feedback Thread

To Whom lt May Concern:
    This will be my last letter.
    We have grown apart over these last six weeks.
    l now have two loves in my life big-city livin' and a voodoo woman named Phyllis.
    Ciao, Roberto.

Clark: Eddie, did anyone ever tell you, you're bad luck.
    Eddie: You know, those were my mother's dying words. Course, when you're covered in third degree burns and your leg's caught in
    a bear trap, you're bound to say weird things.

Patron
    Blog Entries

Thanks Ty, that's what the guys on the blackout forum have been saying too. So I've found my loadout to use for breaking in my barrel.

I've been getting set up to load a few. The strange thing (to me) about this round is the variance in OAL.

I picked up some 110g V-Max, h110 and CCI Mil primers. I'm wanting a good plunking supersonic round and the 110 looks pretty good. I'd like to switch to something more suitable for deer and pigs while sticking with a good bullet I can buy in bulk for loading .308s.

Does anyone have proven loads for 110 v-max and maybe 168?

It sounds like I want my cake and eat it too and for someone to feed it to me too and do the dishes.

Patron
    Blog Entries

Join up on 300 Blakout Talk's Forum there is a ton of load data there. I am currently getting ready to load 300 rounds of Hornady 150gr SP's, not sure what I will be loading after that.