It's not legal to hunt Deer with an Air Rifle in Oklahoma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's not legal to hunt Deer with an Air Rifle in Oklahoma.

Spent this afternoon pouring over State's web site and latest PDF file of hunting regulations. Couldn't find anything, so called up a game warden State Oklahoma enforcement. He stated that they realize some airguns are now powerful enough to effectively take down a deer... but it's not a legal means to take a deer in any season in Oklahoma.

He advised me to write letter to the commissioner??? Missouri just legalize airguns for deer limited to .45cal and larger last year. so it's slowly coming around.

meanwhile after 8 years ... out of the blue, Dennis Quakenbush called me up and asked if I still wanted the .458 Outlaw with select grade wood that I ordered years ago? said ya... where do I send the money $$?

here it is DAQ .458 Outlaw ... completely hand made. shoots a 405 - 500 grn bullet at about 800 fps for 500+ ft lb energy at 3,000 psi. with 3,500 psi with 475 grn bullets about 650ft lb energy.

this same air gun taking down a buffalo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmds-xNmE1k
http://www.bigboreairguns.com/07bisonhunt.htm

img.photobucket.com_albums_v186_o0pss_DSC00455_1.jpg

img.photobucket.com_albums_v186_o0pss_DSC00457.jpg

img.photobucket.com_albums_v186_o0pss_DSC00460.jpg

img.photobucket.com_albums_v186_o0pss_DSC00466.jpg

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well,...if a 44 Special at 800fps will get the job done,..don't see why this wouldn't.

What kind of accuracy can you get out of the thing..?

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
at 100yds MOA accuracy if pressure is refilled with each shot. but due to huge air demands. pressure drops several hundred psi per shot. so shot to shot accuracy without refilling will be several inches at 100yds.

gets three good shots per fill ... all you need is one shot with a 405 grn bullet to take down a deer, providing you do your part.

going hunting in the AM with a black powder rifle instead of this air gun :(

To show what a massive bullet this airgun shoots... here's a 405grn 45/70 bullet, next to a .45 ACP 230grn bullet sitting on top of carbon 4,500psi tank
img.photobucket.com_albums_v186_o0pss_DSC00467.jpg

Last edited:

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess my question would be: what is the advantage of using an air gun rather than a centerfire rifle for hunting? Aside of the decibel level of the report, I assume?

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess my question would be: what is the advantage of using an air gun rather than a centerfire rifle for hunting? Aside of the decibel level of the report, I assume?

none except for super coooolness and self sufficiency. pour your own bullets and with about 100 strokes with a three stage air pump per fill. for three good shots powerful enough to take down most any game in North America.

sounds like a firearm going off, about loud as a .22 short .... kicks with a healthy recoil.

cdn.pyramydair.com_images_acc_Airforce_PCP_Hand_Pump_AFU1014_pump_lg_v2.jpg

img.photobucket.com_albums_v186_o0pss_588362.jpg

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's the advantage of using a bow over a firearm of any sort? Yet not only do we permit bows, we grant an extraordinarily long season as compared to any sort of firearms.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Weird. Intriguing and weird in a good way... but weird. I didn't even know that such a critter existed.

Their video is weak - Guy says he got him but then it just shows the critter standing in the distance.

Latest posts

Top Bottom